Paris Birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris Birth

Hi - can anyone suggest a site to find a Paris birth for around 1875-1890.

There are some on Ancestry, but i don't think the database is complete:

Paris, France & Vicinity Births, 1700-1899
    This database contains birth extracts from the historic department of Seine, France from 1700-1899. It also includes some records as early as 1661. However, the majority of the records cover the year range 1798-1860. The department of Seine encompassed Paris and vicinity. Today it is divided into the departments of Paris, Hauts-de-Seine, Seine-Saint-Denis, and Val-de-Marne.

Comment

Thanks for that. I know it's not always easy to find info in France.
      A Canadian site also had some info for Paris I believe, but when I tried the other day they were doing maintenance.

Comment

Also try http://canadp-archivesenligne.paris....ivil/index.php
        Very good free site where you can see original images.

Laurence.

Comment

There are some BMD records for people with British connections in France - held at TNA.

I could look for the ref, if you can't find it.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks everyone, and thanks for the offer Christine. On my other topic - 'Joe's Father - Alfred Wells' mm has also put a lot of info about searching in this site -

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
              There are some BMD records for people with British connections in France - held at TNA.

I could look for the ref, if you can't find it.

Christine
              Hi Christine - yes please. Found a few poss's in the Paris archives....but only poss's...

Comment

Hello Naomi

The info I was thinking of is this:
                Has anyone any knowledge or experience with some holdings (under RG 43 apparently) as follows:
                France - deaths 1831-1871 RG 35/8-13
                Paris - burials 1815-1869 RG 33/58-77
                - Or that may be only part of it. If you need me to look for more, I could have a go!

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                X