Other forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other forums?

Some of you may remember that I am doing a one-name study and am always on the hunt for new Brewertons.
    I know about GR and roots chat, are there other forums out there that people use which might bring me into contact with people of that name?
    Many thanks.
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/ are very active and include a forum for one name studies.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Ancestry surname boards

British Genealogy forum

Genforum surname boards
      Elaine

Comment

i have a brereton grave photo.
        i think you mentioned at one time that name was included so when i went to the Derby cemetary(i havent learnt how to spell it yet.) i took a photo of a grave because the name was familiar.
        then again i also took photos of calladines and topliss graves incase they came in handy.
        the meercat.

Comment

Many thanks for those suggestions. My biggest success so far is facebook but I am always hoping to come across people who have done their tree. However it seems that most people who have done so are on GR or ancestry both of which I have used to make contacts.
          Hi Meercat, Brereton is a name in it's own right though Brewertons were sometimes spelt Brereton. Would welcome the details of the photo just in case there was a connection.
          Searching for:
          English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

well here is the photo and you might come across someone who wants it for themselves.
            do what you want with it.
            one day i might find a brewerton for you because i know there was one in derby.
            the meercat.

Comment

Sorry to hyjack your thread Jeanie, Meercat i have both Calladines and Topliss from Derby in my tree, what names do you have for the graves please
              Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
              Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
              Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

i thought i knew it from somewhere.
                christopher calladine died 1960 wife alice died 1965.
                wilfred topliss died 1962 wife ivy may died 1986.
                esther topliss died 1962 husband george died 1972.

are you any relation to aggie calladine not sure if thats her married name or single name a well liked and respected pub landlady.
                the meercat.

Comment

Many thanks meercat, I have saved it in case I find a connection.
                  Searching for:

Comment

Find other people looking for the same family history in any county, town or village in the UK and Ireland. ÂSearch by surname and/or location. See nearby villages, see nearby entries...

Comment

Unfortunatly not mine Meercat, my married name is Calladine so i have a few, but not those ones or the Topliss, thank you anyway.
                      Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
                      Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
                      Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

My Heritage http://www.myheritage.com/genealogy
                        Geneanet http://www.geneanet.org/premiers_pas/recherches.php

Chris
                        Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Many thanks for all the suggestions. Have discovered that I am a member of B-G but had not changed my e-mail so I have put my one name study on there and seem to be about to have a brick wall knocked down!! Am investigating the other suggestions.
                          Searching for:

Comment

According to their website Your Family History Magazine is no longer being published with the following statement:
                            Joy

Comment

Working...
                            X