Looking for a death entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a death entry

Albert George Iles died between 1891 and 1901 but I can't locate a death entry for him.

Here he is in the 1891 census aged 52

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

and here is his wife shown as a widow in 1901.

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Looks like they were in the St George area of Bristol, Gloucestershire.

I did see a death entry for a George Iles in June 1895 however the death cert confirms this is not my guy.

Can anyone track him down?

Thanks for looking.

There is a death entry for an Albert Iles on the FreeBMD site Dec 1894 aged 15, 6a29.

Jackie

Comment

Perhaps I should have added in Bristol.

Jackie

Comment

the only one I can find died in Stepney so not likely ? but in case its
        George Iles 1898 Mar aged 62 1C 310

Comment

Sorry, it can't be the one I found just notice he was 50+

Jackie

Comment

A bit of a hit and miss this one: George Iles bn abt 1840 died 1895 Keynsham Q2 5c

just checked your census and Keynsham is the same reg district.

IGNORE just noticed your post above about June death, sorry.
            Last edited by JulesSmith; 07-04-10, 13:17.
            Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

I tried looking, but none of my tricks could find him. Sorry.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Of course, just because a wife in one census is a widow in the next, it doesn't necessarily mean her husband has died! He may just have left her, and she finds it preferable to call herself a widow - in daily life, not just for the census.

scuda
                Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Thats something I was going to suggest Scuda it has happened in my lot

Comment

I think it's possible that one of the Albert/George Iles mentioned above IS your man, but his age has been wrongly transcribed from the original document. (I have found that there ARE errors in these indexes and they're far from perfect).

Hope you find him!
                    Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Certainly I have more than one "deceased" father for a wedding, when the records show him to alive elsewhere.

Divorce was expensive, and difficult. Much easier to agree to separate.

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                      X