Lincolnshire look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Lincolnshire look up please

Would someone be able to do a look up for me please.

Death of William Bannister bn about 1792
    Two possible death entries : Horncastle Q4 1866 and Lincoln Q1 1869

Death of Lavinia Smith bn about 1821
    Grimsby Q4 1893

I'm hoping the records will help me identify which certificate to order.

Many thanks

Jules
    Last edited by JulesSmith; 07-04-10, 10:42.
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

According to the National Burial Index (2nd edition)

William Bannister - date of burial 26 Dec 1866 - age 75 - Thimbleby (which would come under the Horncastle registration district)
    William Bannister - date of burial 30 March 1869 - age 78 - Lincoln, Canwick Road Cemetery

- not sure that is going to help you much as the ages are very similar, unless the place name is relevant!

Cannot see anything for Lavinia Smith
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, still not sure which one it is. Although William was born in Horncastle his last address was Freeschool Lane, Lincoln on 1861 census. I suspect it is the Canwick Rd one, I might have to bite the bullet and order the cert. Lavinia has been a real pain. I ordered one cert and it was the wrong one, that's why I would prefer to check it out first if possible before ordering yet another cert. Many thanks again Elaine. Jules
      Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Working...
      X