Help please! Document disappeared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please! Document disappeared!

I did put this on General - so could a Mod please get rid of that one? (Done!)

HELP! Document disappeared!

I set up a document in MS Winword (XP). Today I opened it to amend, did that, went to close it, and box of course came up asking if I wanted save it - clicked YES. Realised I needed to make further amendment so opened it again - and the screen is fully blank!

Went to VIEW to switch to Print View - nothing - went to Help Desk and hunted for it - entered the title - Up it came in My Documents - opened it and it's still full screen blank page! Hunted Help Desk again and it says to switch off Full Screen - which I had not clicked anyway! whatever I try it's still a blank full screen....... all other documents are OK.

- so HELP :help3: where is it? and Yes, I've rebooted several times!

PLUS: Since then I've tried to come on here - oooooh what a headache that's been - all I kept getting was just a sheet of typed text. So now logged out on that and logged on again - so now I'm here - but smilies dont work! And everything on here is sort of pale blue!!??

Edit: I've now been on here off and on all evening and although I change to FTF Greens it won't,and as soon as I go to a thread the indicator changes back to FTF white ..... and the smilies still don't work.... gggrrr

(Am on latest Firefox).

UPDATE: This site (for me) is now in greens and the smilies are working

BUT still can't find my Document :(
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 05-04-10, 11:22. Reason: actioned
    Dorothy G

searching Gillett (Preston/Sheffield). Campbell and Hepburn in Glasgow

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch

You can use Windows search tool - or, even better - the Google desktop search tool, if you have it - to search for a phrase or unusual word in the document.
    Click on Start
    Click on search
    Type in some words you remember from your document. Don't specify a location.

Good luck!
    Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Thanks Sue - I'll try that
      Dorothy G

Comment

Sue - still couldn't find it. But thanks for offering to help.

But because the title was still listed in my Documents, I sent myself an email to my Google email, with the title as an attachment - and there it was!

So saved it again from there - phew!!!

Still don't know where the original one went
        Dorothy G

Comment

Working...
        X