Difficulty reading certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty reading certificate

Using Scotlands People and have downloaded a marriage cert. but can't make out anything on it. How do I post it on here for a bit of help on its contents?

The best way is to upload your image to an external site such as Photobucket, and then give the link to the site.
    Our How to use Photobucket guide may help!
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by BEARGER View Post
      Using Scotlands People and have downloaded a marriage cert. but can't make out anything on it. How do I post it on here for a bit of help on its contents?
      The best way of all is to make a note of the reference number, date and other details from the marriage index and send a message to SP using the Contact Us bit at the bottom of the page. There is an option for "illegible image". You should get a response within a day (allowing for the fact of the Easter bank holiday), and they will usually email you a rescan very quickly.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks for that, will give it a try. Photobucket seems to get a bad press on the web.

Comment

Bearger

Photobucket is fine for this sort of exercise though!

I am not sure now though whether you cannot read it because it is poor quality, or whether you cannot read it because you cannot decipher the handwriting.

OC

Comment

Working...
          X