Wood - Quantick puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood - Quantick puzzle

Dolly Wood was born Oct 1918 in the Putney area of London, I know her mother's name was Alice.
    BMD has Dolly Wood born1918 Dec qtr in Wandsworth 1d, 958; her mother's name is shown as Quantick.
    I have unconfirmed information telling me her father was John Henry Wood, but cannot confirm the connection.

1906 on BMD March qtr Wandsworth, there is an Alice May Quintock marriage, but not to a Wood.
    I have looked for wood/Quantick marriage and cannot find one.
    The two possible names on BMD at the same time as Alice marriage are James Adams or Thomas Hagley.

Alice is on 1901 and 1891 census with her parents (born c1889 in Putney)
    I have looked on 1911 for her under the names of Wood, Adams and Hagley and cannot find her.

Any one able to find the Wood/Quantick marriage or Alice on 1911?
    Help would be appreciated
    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 04-04-10, 06:07.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Hi Trevor,

Please can you confirm that Dolly has passed away, being that her birth year is less than 100 years ago (i.e. possible living person).

Many thanks,

Velma

Comment

Dolly has passed.
      I appreciate your concern regarding living individuals and our forum's Ts'n'Cs

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thank you for confirming that Trevor

Comment

Do you know if Alice had a middle name? For example, in 1911, there is a Lucy Alice Wood born 1889 living in Wandsworth and a Dora Alice Wood, born 1888, also in Wandsworth.

Comment

She was Alice may Quantick
            Born c1888 in Putney

Researching:

Comment

Perhaps Alice's marriage to John Wood was a second marriage. If she had married James Adams, for instance, there is a marriage for an Alice M A Adams to a John Wood in Bethnal Green in 1912 Q2.

Jane

Comment

have you obtained the birth cert of Dolly to see if it yields more clues to you rather than just go on what the index shows?
                WendyP

Comment

Working...
                X