Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just in case you were waiting for a certificate from GRO...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in case you were waiting for a certificate from GRO...

Currently posted on the GRO website:

'Due to an increase in current demand, orders placed under the standard service are at present subject to a three day additional despatch time. Certificates ordered under the priority service are unaffected.'

Surprise! Surprise! ...not

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Have to wait until 9 April now for despatch day. Well at least there won't be a rail strike-yet!

Janet

Comment

I ordered 20 yesterday - is it my fault?

(Have been saving up my former "ciggy" money for some time and decided I'd use it to clear my "wish" list!)

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Mine had a dispatch date of April 1st, i thought they might take a bit longer to get here with it being Easter, looks like i will have to wait longer now.
          Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
          Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
          Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Mine had a date of 30th, I was kinda hoping they'd arrive today, but maybe not :(

Twenty! Janet, you must have been saving up! I hope they areall the right ones when they arrive.
            Lynn

Comment

Good job I spotted this thread, thank you for answering a question for me... just about to ring the GRO to find out why my cert has not arrived. It was due for dispatch April 1st.... thought it was something to do with April Fool.

W
              We should never forget them,
              Because we would not be here today, but for them.
              We should be proud, reflect, respect and always remember them.
              Because we all have them…
              Them… were our Ancestors.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post

(Have been saving up my former "ciggy" money for some time and decided I'd use it to clear my "wish" list!)

Jay
                I hope they're all the right ones!

Well I ordered 10! I am dubious about two of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post

Jay
                  20!!

I ordered 2, despatch date 26 March, one arrived this morning, no sign of the second.

Ordered another yesterday, delivery date 12 April...

(congrats on beating the weed, by the way )

Comment

Well I ordered 10! I am dubious about two of them.
                    At least that will be only £7/cert lost instead of £9.25!

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Alas, none of my 20 will solve any puzzles. They are mainly death certs (I already have the burial details) and about 5 birth certs (to supplement the bp entries.)
                      If there are any errors, it will be down to a typo or two on my part - which has got to be more aggravating than ordering a "wrong" cert.

Jay
                      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Had one arrive yesterday almost a week late. The despatch date was 25th

June

Comment

i ordered 8. 4 are complete stabs in the dark, hoping for the right ones!

Comment

I ordered 9 yesterday - all death certificates - only one stab in the dark.

OH still trying to work out how I have saved him £20+.
                            Elaine

Comment

Ordered Sunday and Monday both with the estimated 12th April despatch date - wonder when they'll arrive as I've ordered loads.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Ordered about £60 worth before the deadline.. ;D Oh well I've saved loads really.......:o Really I have :D

Comment

I ordered 8 on the 16/3. All with dispatch of 22/3....received 2 to date ( 6/4 ).....one they refunded cause the couple wern't married to each other......back to the drawing board. Hoping the rest will arrive today.........sigh....but saved heaps..though hubby did notice the charge and queried it.
                                  Be nice to your kids...they have to choose your nursing home!

Comment

I got my act together last night and ordered 4, should have been more but lack of organisation on my part meant I hadn't taken all the details to work with me. Eventually got the time to do it at 23.45! cutting it fine I think. 12th April is estimated dispatch date.......shan't hold my breath!
                                    Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

I am still waiting for mine with despatch date 30/3
                                      Lynn

Comment

Given the length of time it takes for GRO certs to arrive in Canada, I never bother looking at the dispatch dates - I always assume it'll take 3 or 4 weeks (and I'm seldom disappointed - or pleasantly surprised).

Tim

P.S. I ordered four on Sunday night - I'm not expecting any new information, just confirmation of what I already know - but if I didn't order them now, I doubt I ever would at the new price.
                                        "If we're lucky, one day our names and dates will appear in our descendants' family trees."

Comment

Working...
                                        X