Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curiosity will get the better of me I am sure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curiosity will get the better of me I am sure...

Filling in some gaps and bits and pieces I came across the following death indexes:

JAS, 1896, Ashby De La Zouch, George Gadsby, vol 7a, page 49, aged 83

JAS, 1896, Ashby De La Zouch, George Gadsby, vol 7a, page 49, aged 47

They are Father and Son certainly registered very closely to each other (if not at the same time) as they have the same reference.

I would buy their death certificates in a shot if they were blood rellies, but they are very distantly linked and no blood connection that I know of.

But I know curiosity will eat up at me until I crack and buy the death certs. If I do decide though it had better be before the 6th April.

:o

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

You could always put them on your wish list for birthday/Xmas presents...

Comment

Do you know where they are buried? Wonder if they were in an accident?

Comment

I've got the same Tom but the connection is too distant to tempt me into getting them, that & the fact i've had over 20 certs in the last 3 weeks.
        Jay

Comment

Article in the Leicester Chronicle and the Leicestershire Mercury of July 11 1896

Death of an Aged Carrier Mr Geo Gadsby died on Monday evening aged 83. Deceased was formerly a carrier between Ashby and Loughborough and also Ashby and Burton on Trent
          Last edited by annswabey; 30-03-10, 21:42. Reason: Hadn't finished posting all details
          The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
          Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Ah well done Ann! Mine are after 1901 so the BL newspapers aren't any good for me.
            Jay

Comment

Thank you Ann. Doesn't look as though there was any connection between the deaths as I would have thought it would have said if there was something.

May I ask please, where do you get access to those newspapers? Is there a CD you can buy?

Thanks again.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Tom,
                I believe Ann found the entry in the 19th British Library Newspaper Collection. Can be accessed online via most local libraries, using library PIN no. Your library website should tell you what reference material they have available.
                Elaine

Comment

Yes Tom, Elaine is right. If your local library doesn't provide access to the newspapers then you can join Lancashire Libraries which does provide access (you don't need to live in Lancs!)
                  The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
                  Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Elaine and Ann.

I do have access to that site through university but don't know my log in details. I will have to find out next time I am in uni.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                    X