Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certs to go up by 25%

Anyone else heard this?
    My cousin has just ordered 5 certs before they go up to £9.25 each. I haven't ordered a cert for a while now so wasn't aware they are to go up this much.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

We've had a couple of threads about this over the last couple of weeks, Jen.
    Get your orders in before 6th April!
    Elaine

Comment

It's true then Elaine.......thank goodness I have most of mine now. The ones my cousin has just received we will share, as we usually do.
      Jen

Comment

Changes to Fees and Services from 6 April 2010.
        Customers are asked to note that there will be a change to the GRO fees structure from 6 April 2010. Further details can be found on the IPS website at www.ips.gov.uk. In addition, GRO have reviewed the range of services on offer. We have been advised that there is no clear remit in statute for our charging for a service to check index references, or to retain partial fees. In order to ensure full legal compliance, we are regretfully withdrawing our reference checking service from 6 April.
        Joy

Comment

Thanks for that Joy, I've had a look at the sites.
          Jen

Comment

I've just ordered 11!

Comment

Ooh, lucky you Lisa. You've just saved yourself nearly 25 pounds! ;)
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post
                we are regretfully withdrawing our reference checking service from 6 April.
                Do note that if you are in a position to order from the local register office, they normally check against any information you supply, and will refund in full if they cannot find the right certificate.

There are some offices who won't issue certificates for genealogy (most London districts, for instance), but many do, and can be very helpful, as well as much quicker than the GRO.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackberry View Post
                  Do note that if you are in a position to order from the local register office, they normally check against any information you supply, and will refund in full if they cannot find the right certificate.

There are some offices who won't issue certificates for genealogy (most London districts, for instance), but many do, and can be very helpful, as well as much quicker than the GRO.
                  The following by me may be of help to some:

Joy

Comment

Now don't all die of shock horror but I have just had a good spell knocking down bricks in my various walls and just thought "wot the 'eck'" and went for it. Between 2 orders this week, I've sent off for 24. Is there an icon for 'mad idiot' I wonder? LOL
                    Shame they won't arrive in time for me to send off for more at £7 if they reveal any more breakthroughs...
                    Last edited by GallowayLass; 31-03-10, 10:14. Reason: add

Comment

I've bought 29 so far (past 4 weeks), and am seriously considering buying another ten this last week! Same way of justfying it, it is at least 80 odd pounds saved in long run, I would have bought all these anyway at some point, though my credit card is hurting a fair bit getting such a knock in one go!

Comment

Working...
                      X