Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please help me transcribe a marriage cert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please help me transcribe a marriage cert?

Hello, I have a Marriage Cerificate which is poorly written, can someone help me to transcribe the occupation of my g grandfather also where he lived? Thank you, Sara.

Happy to have a look at it: have you got a copy of it on a website we can look at, or do you want to email it?

Belinda
    Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Can you scan the relevant part of the certificate and post it on the forum.
      The best way of doing this is via an external site such as Photobucket - click here for instructions.

You will need to crop the certificate so that only the relevant parts are posted, because of copyright regulations.

If you are not sure how to do it then you can send the image to me by email and I will do it for you. Send me a pm (personal message) and I will give you my email address.
      Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
        You will need to crop the certificate so that only the relevant parts are posted, because of copyright regulations.
        Actually that's no longer the case, the rules have been relaxed. It's permitted as long as it doesn't involve living people, and you are not using it for advertising.

See this link

1. This guidance note sets out the arrangements for the reproduction of official birth, death, marriage and civil partnership certificates (’extracts’ in Scotland). Copyright in the layout of certificates is owned by the Crown. The Crown does not assert any rights of ownership in the contents of the forms.

Reproduction
        2. You are authorised to reproduce the layout of the form in any format including on the web, in films and in print. This authorisation is subject to the following conditions:

That you must not use reproductions of certificates to provide evidence of birth, death, marriage or civil partnership. Where a copy is required to provide evidence that an event was registered you must order an official certificate (’extract’ in Scotland) from a local registration office or General Register Office (listed below);
        That the material is not used to advertise or promote a particular product or service, or in a way which could imply endorsement by HM Government;
        That you comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Human Rights Act 1998. This guidance does not authorise you to reproduce the contents of any certificate containing personal data about living individuals;
        That you reproduce the Royal Arms and any departmental logo only as an integral part of a certificate.

3. Any further queries regarding reproduction should be directed to the appropriate GRO.
        Obviously it's still desirable to crop out the extraneous parts of the cert to save space, but there's no need to leave out any of the writing - it all helps for purposes of comparison.

Comment

Thanks for the link Blackberry, I'll check it out.
          Elaine

Comment

No problem, I picked this up from another genealogy site. The guidelines were revised last year, April 2009.

Comment

Sara has sent the certificate:

I think the occupation is Mariner, and place of residence Barrow, Lancs.
              Elaine

Comment

I agree with Elaine.
                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Agree with Mariner but think the address is Barrow Lane.
                  Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Blackberry View Post
                    Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                    Actually that's no longer the case, the rules have been relaxed. It's permitted as long as it doesn't involve living people, and you are not using it for advertising.

See this link

1. This guidance note sets out the arrangements for the reproduction of official birth, death, marriage and civil partnership certificates (’extracts’ in Scotland). Copyright in the layout of certificates is owned by the Crown. The Crown does not assert any rights of ownership in the contents of the forms.

Reproduction
                    2. You are authorised to reproduce the layout of the form in any format including on the web, in films and in print. This authorisation is subject to the following conditions:

That you must not use reproductions of certificates to provide evidence of birth, death, marriage or civil partnership. Where a copy is required to provide evidence that an event was registered you must order an official certificate (’extract’ in Scotland) from a local registration office or General Register Office (listed below);
                    That the material is not used to advertise or promote a particular product or service, or in a way which could imply endorsement by HM Government;
                    That you comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Human Rights Act 1998. This guidance does not authorise you to reproduce the contents of any certificate containing personal data about living individuals;
                    That you reproduce the Royal Arms and any departmental logo only as an integral part of a certificate.

3. Any further queries regarding reproduction should be directed to the appropriate GRO.
                    Obviously it's still desirable to crop out the extraneous parts of the cert to save space, but there's no need to leave out any of the writing - it all helps for purposes of comparison.
                    There is a line in part two which states: That the material is not used to advertise or promote a particular product or service, or in a way which could imply endorsement by HM Government;

Because these pages are cached by Google, a process could be seen as a method of promoting FTF, images must still be cropped so as to avoid any doubt.. This is not open for debate.
                    https://squeakerslair.wordpress.com

Comment

I did say they should be cropped to leave only the handwritten bits.

There's nothing to be gained by posting the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JayG View Post
                        Agree with Mariner but think the address is Barrow Lane.
                        I've changed my allegience and agree with Jay.
                        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                          I've changed my allegience and agree with Jay.
                          I think you are probably right! Barrow Lane.
                          Elaine

Comment

I agree barrow lane for the address

Comment

Can someone please help me transcribe a marriage cert?

I would like to thank everyone who has helped with the certificate. I am so pleased I joined the Forum. Thank you all, Sara.

Comment

I agree: occupation looks like Mariner. Street looks like Barrow Lane. Can't read the location of the church: if it was a port then the occupation of Mariner looks more likely.
                                Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Hi, yes, it looks like The Holy Trinity Church in Bristol. Sara.

Comment

Working...
                                  X