Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I give in - can anyone help me find this family?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I give in - can anyone help me find this family?!

Hi again all,

I've managed to find Samuel John King (1847, Sept qtr, Taunton, Somerset) with his family in 1851, 1871 and 1881. And subsequently with his wife (Betsy Jane Spinks 1853, Stratford, Essex) and children in 1891, 1901 and 1911. However I cannot for the life of me find him in 1861, nor his mother in 1841.

So, Samuel's age varies by 2 years or so across some of the censuses but birth place is consistent. Mother Jane King, is already widowed by 1851, and her age & dob varies enormously over the censuses - from 1814-1821, however birthplace is again consistent - Cowes, Isle of Wight. I thought this would make her easy to find, but apparently not. Also with the family right through to 1881 is Jane's unmarried sister Ann Chipp (1809, Cowes, Isle of Wight). But again I can't find her either. Please can anyone help me find Samuel and his family in 1841 and 1861? I suspect they may have been living in Wiltshire in 1841 as all of Samuel's siblings on the 1851 are listed as having been born in Laneham, Wilts. This may in fact be Lyneham, Wilts. Unfortunately I can't find reliable freebmd refs for any of the sibling births to help tie this up further, and I don't yet have Samuel's birth cert for father's name or previous marriage for Jane.

Any help most gratefully recieved, thanks,
    Kate x

Originally posted by Kate P View Post
    Please can anyone help me find Samuel and his family in 1841 and 1861?
    Samuel is not going to be around in 1841 - not born until 1847!.
    Not sure if this is the marriage for his mother Jane (Jane Chipp / John King) - 26 Sep 1840, All Souls, Langham Place, Westminster
    Can't see them together on the 1841 census!
    - http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...993&recoff=1+2
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - I know Samuel won't be around on the 1841, was looking for his mother. I should have been clearer, sorry! That's an interesting marriage certainly, the age of the bride would fit beautifully too. I think I might have to shell out on Samuel's birth cert to be any more certain. It's very frustrating that I can't find them in '61 too - there is one entry with a mother Jane and children Helen and James, but the ages are wrong and they were apparently born in the East Indies. Highly unlikely to be mine I'd have thought.

Comment

I'm struggling as well to find anything in the 1861 at the moment.
        Elaine

Comment

Hope nobody minds a quick bump for this. I'd really welcome any suggestions or help

Kate x

Comment

Working...
          X