how do i find something some has told me ....".gloucestershire studies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i find something some has told me ....".gloucestershire studies"

been looking on the forest of dean and someone said there is an article "gloucestershire studie"1957 ed by hpr finbergpp 174-183

he said its part of john holder notebook 1691-1730...i wondered if this is what i got from the gloucestershire records office i would love to see it.
    also he said holders are featured a lot in taynton pages of VCH he said is on line....could i view them or do i pay as usual?any help plese.i go away today so will only be able to check in now and then.not going untill 12.so will keep checking.this person has not replied to my emails so im aking you buddies.regards brenda

This is the link to to the VCH Gloucestershire. It is free.
    Caroline
    Caroline's Family History Pages
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

caroline many thanks for your quick help brenda xxx
      Last edited by Guest; 28-03-10, 09:13.

Comment

The John Holder notebook appears to be available at the Gloucester Archives.

I can't see that it is available to download on the Forest of Dean site.
        Elaine

Comment

elaine i clicked on but cant get any further or am i not meant to ?brenda xxx

Comment

No you wont get any further - it is just a catalogue entry from their archives.
            You would need to visit the archives to view the document.
            Not sure if they would provide a photocopy for you but might be worth contacting them to ask.
            Elaine

Comment

thankyou have a good day...im of now till thursday...will try to look in brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
              X