Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start up problem and extreemly slow

Bought new computer 18 months back
    9 months old and it had a problem starting up...only solution from support was to put it back to manufacturers original settings...... I then put my family tree on external hard drive or whatever it is called.

This week which is again 9 months since it was put back to original settings it started to be a little slow in starting up but now each time it goes through a start up proceedure
    Start up Repair
    Checking file system C
    File system is NTFS

It takes ages to go through this system repair but still a problem
    It can be OK for a few clicks then to change a page the little blue ring can run for 5 mins to a half hour to change the page.

Does anyone know of the problem and if it can be fixed if it has to be another system restore

try downloading and running ccleaner (google it) it's free
    Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
    http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Thanks Mike....
      I can try that but a bit concerned that anything I download will lose data.
      What I was wondering is if I should bury this computer and get another or if it is repairable

Comment

Colin it wont make you lose any data if I was you I'd untick to delete Cookies otherwise you will find you will need to put your passwords in all sites you belong to again
        I know what you mean about throwing it away though ,I had a new laptop that was rubbish within a couple of weeks , got told it was the Motherboard which PC World changed need I say anymore ??? within a short time that went too and so they fitted another Motherboard it still doesnt work I gave up in the end trying to sue them was a lost cause .
        Good luck
        Download CCleaner 6.21 for Windows. Fast downloads of the latest free software! Click now

Comment

I waited until my son came home and he used the ccleaner as mentioned and it seems to have done the job
          Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X