Order of the British Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order of the British Empire

I'm sure there must exist somewhere (on the web I hope) a list or database of members and officers of the Order of the British Empire. I'm hoping to confirm an award of an OBE about 1945, provided someone can direct me to such a list.

Hello and welcome to FTF

I expect it would have been reported in The Times newspaper at the time - please can you give me their name and I will look it up for you

Comment

<Many thanks for your offer, Velma

Originally posted by Velma Dinkley View Post
      Hello and welcome to FTF

I expect it would have been reported in The Times newspaper at the time - please can you give me their name and I will look it up for you
      My uncle's name was Surtees Forster Dodd. He was chief engineer on a variety of ships, Moller Line, I believe, in the far east throughout WW2. Shortly after the war he worked on the ferry from Hong Kong to Macau. I never heard what the award was for, exactly. If you are able to turn up anything, I would like to know how you did it, so I can learn the game. Bruce Dodd

Comment

Hopefully you can read this, if not right click and save to your computer...

S F Dodd is highlighted in the text...

Comment

Blimey that was small, just sending you a private message... :D

Comment

Would there be any reference in the London Gazette?

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
            X