Family History Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family History Survey

I have received the email below. Being of an older generation I am a bit wary of opening things I do not know. Any ideas please
    Ann

Dear Madam/Sir.
    We need your help with some family history research. Please click on the link bellow to take the survey. It should take about 15 minutes to complete.
    Take the Survey

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:

Follow the link to opt out of future emails:

If it doesnt tell you who its from I wouldnt click onto those links dear ;; not anything I have seen but others might know better ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I would ignore it and then delete it.
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thank you I will delete now

Comment

Looks as if it's a market research company http://www.qualtrics.com/

But not good practice NOT to say who their customer is.

Edited to insert NOT!!!
          Last edited by Uncle John; 25-03-10, 21:03.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

It looks as if it ought to be OK - but the lack of surrounding data looks highly suspicious.

The words "bargepole, touch and NOT" spring to mind!

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Advertising trap
              If you have never contacted them, why are they contacting you?

By responding you are confirming a live email address that will be used/sold on and generate masses of Spam.

Just like the 'you have won a competition' messages from companies you have never entered with, it is a way of a company generating revenue, by charging the spammers per adddress that thy know is live.

Researching:
              FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
              X