did what Ancestry said now its ten times worse HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did what Ancestry said now its ten times worse HELP

I did what they suggested on this link as I was having trouble with my tree on their site , although why I took notice I dont know as I do delete temporary files and so on regularily anyway.
    Now when I go to my tree and click on search records the page wont load ???
    Can somebody tell me what to reverse ? and what should be ticked in internet options
    thanks

Oh Val this is serious! I wish I could help ...but alas .....

Comment

hello Dukkie you doing the rounds LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        hello Dukkie you doing the rounds LOL
        oh yes searching for something interesting!!

Comment

it will take all night then lol

Comment

I presume you have just followed the instructions to clear the cache and internet history - can't really see how that would have affected access to your tree.

As to what settings you should have for your browser, which one are you using - IE / Firefox / Chrome / other ???
            Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine nor can I ?? but I did untick a few things on the internet options???? its really weird I have worldwide access yet if Im on the com site and the record is in the uk one it asks me to subscribe ??? same visa versa

Comment

I agree with Elaine, assuming you are using IE i would suggest resetting it to default if you think you have perhaps put too many ticks :(

Tools/internet options/Advanced then reset at the bottom.

This will reset IE to its defaults, it will also disable all add-ons which sometimes can cause problems, you would need to enable these one by one by going to Tools/manage add-ons.
                Last edited by rbere; 24-03-10, 16:15.
                Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

thanks Roy done that and so far looks like its worked fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    thanks Roy done that and so far looks like its worked fingers crossed
                    Moral of the story is to write down what changes you make on your PC, so you can back-track if needed.

Trev

Researching:
                    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I thought I had Trevor but obviously not , will know next time.

Comment

Working...
                      X