Won't make that mistake again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't make that mistake again!

A few months ago found a contact on Ancestry..one of their relatives married one of my OH's. So we invited one another to have acces to our respective Private trees. Unfortunately I hadn't visit my tree on Ancestry for a while..and yesteday discovered that mine had grown from 453 people to 884! I had forgotten to make the visitor a guest!

So I spend last evening and most of today deleting all of the other person's ancestors and extended family going back to 1400's...as they were totally irrelevant to my OH's family.

Don't know why they would think that I would want all of their extended family tree added to mine. Plus I saw that loads of other people had the same names in their trees too...as many as 25 trees!
    teresa

poor you I only found out recently to change my options from Editor to Guest.

Comment

I wouldn't have noticed..until I switched to my 'list of people' and spotted all the names from the USA!
      The only ones I have in the USA are my Mum's Irish relatives.
      teresa

Comment

I have made my tree private too now got fed up with people copying my stuff.

Comment

I have made my tree private. Today I got a message asking for more details of one particular person and wanting to see my tree. I told him all I knew about the person. I got another message asking for details of the rest of the family no please. I told him to search for himself as I had done.
          PAT

Comment

I have been caught so many times by contacts who promise you copies of certs and photos ,so what do I do ??? I send them stuff and they never come back, so now I dont send stuff till they send me something.
            One who had promised me all sorts did not respond to a cert I sent her so I asked if she had received it ?? no she said but could I send it again, funny how she had added it to her tree the same day I sent it hmmmmmmmmmmm .

Comment

I got a bit confused when I looked at my hints - I think when you believed it was connected - it is easy just to click the button to add their info which I thought was just for that person.

Perhaps its for all their tree - Ive only let one person look at my tree on ancestry - not sure what status I've given them - how do you find that out?

So maybe this person thought they were doing the same and not adding all their rellies to your tree.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

There are some links in green above the tree. One of them is Tree Settings. Click on that, and then click on the Sharing tab. You will then see a Manage Invitees window, in which you can change Invitees' roles and set whether or not they can see living people. (click on the i next to Role to see what the different roles allow.
                Sarah

Comment

Working...
                X