YFT or BBC WDYTA magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YFT or BBC WDYTA magazine

Which one of these magazines would you keep subscribing to and why?

Personally I like YFT magazine and have had a subscription for a couple of years. I let it lapse though as I often write for them so get a contributors copy that way!

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Both of them because I subscribe to all the mainstream UK family history magazines.
      Cheers
      Guy
      Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

I have both, but am currently getting YFT via Tesco vouchers. Love tham both!
        Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

I prefare YFT than WDYTYA, going to finnish my account with them and stick to one , and then get another as and when ;
          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I've had both on a 2 year deal for each and they are about to come to an end. Usually they arrive about a fortnight apart so I get plenty time to read them. I've found though that with all the savvy people on here and both magazines having newletters/forums, a lot of the front pages of news snippets aren't really news by the time the postman comes. I like the articles in both but for book and a/v material reviews, I prefer YFT. A lot of the subjects covered are similar in both magazines and neither does any real justice to Scottish research. I did subscribe to the online Scottish magazine but found it so difficult to download that I just gave up. I think I've only seen 3 of the 12 issues I paid for!

I'm not sure about carrying on with both subs as £80 odd squids (YFT for another 2 years) means about 9 certificates at the new rates and I will no doubt need to buy more this coming year.

What do other folks think are the strengths and weaknesses of each one?
            Last edited by GallowayLass; 23-03-10, 16:24. Reason: typo

Comment

Both....... I'm a terror for FH magazines..... there is always something I want to read in one of them!

Comment

Working...
              X