Cheshire MBD area help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheshire MBD area help please.

I have a reference in 1993 that came under MacClesfield Cheshire.

I am looking for the same family in the 1970's 1980's and 1990's. I seem to have a choice between Northwich - Congleton & Crewe - South Cheshire - Cheshire East and Vale Royal.

Can anyone tell me which ref or refs it is most likely to be under please? i.e. The closest.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

p.s. The Congleton and Crewe seem the most likely dates - does this look feasable please?

Comment

Have you looked on Genuki, to see what's most likely?

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

MacClesfield
        looks as if it's been copy-pasted from Ancestry. For some reason they seem to imagine that the town is named as if it were a Scottish family, and has a prefix of "Mac" followed by an upper-case C. I think that's one of the place-name things I've pointed out to them: it looks very silly (not a reflection on you - my typing certainly isn't immaculate - it's Ancestry that bugs me!).

The info you want appears to be here: http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/chs/macclesfield.html
        REGISTRATION DISTRICTS

• Macclesfield (1837–1998)
        • Cheshire East (1998+)
        Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

No Christine I haven't. I've heard of genuki but I didn't know it had a section for things like that. Will have a google - thank you

Comment

Oh thanks again Christine - I just spotted your post before I went off to look Yes, I had copied it from Ancestry but thought it looked wrong.

Looks like Cheshire East then - thanks again
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 21-03-10, 23:01.

Comment

GenUKI is tricky to navigate, but does have a HUGE amount of genealogy info for UK & Ireland - hence its name.

Christine

Comment

Working...
              X