kellys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kellys

please can someone try to do a lookup for me im after ........
    frances kelly who was married to a p walker
    they are the parents to a margaret kelly from ireland i guess.
    margaret maried daniel fitzpatrick in the year 1829 before they came to australia
    she was born 1808
    so maybe her parents could be abt 1780
    thank again
    hotmail ps daniel and margaret was married in wicklow

The dates you are talking about in Ireland are parish registers and with a popular Irish name like Kelly and no townland to offer is going to be looking for a needle in the proverbial haystack. Most Irish parish registers do not go back beyond 1820 with a few going back to the late 1700's. Genuki Ireland and Wicklow may be agood place to start as this will tell you how far the parish registers go back in Wicklow. You may also need to find out whether you mean the town of Wicklow or the County. even if you know that it is the town of Wicklow, unless you know the actual townland, which may be up to 10 miles out of the town, you are going to have difficulty tracing. If you research in Dublin National library for the registers you will need to know whether or not your folk were Catholic or Protestant, the Diocese and the townland but the research pages on this site will help you.

Other than that try the search box on your right at the top of the page on this site and key in "Irish Research" That will bring up many suggestions as to how you might proceed.

Janet

PS

Just had a look at the Genuki Wicklow site and have to say it is not as good as some other Genuki Irish sites, but they do have a Heritage Centre and that to me says it all!!!

However you may like to look at the site below as you may find something on here but please do bear in mind that not all the parish records are on this site so if you do not find them on here it does not mean that they do not exist. This is a pay per view site at 10 Euros each go. You can browse for free though that will give you little information.

Online Irish ancestral Birth, Death and Marriage records for Ireland. Irish Genealogy research center - Irish Family History Foundation

Janet
    Last edited by Janet; 21-03-10, 15:48.

Comment

kelly and walker

hi janet
      thank you for that info
      i dont have much. but i do have the birth info on there first child john that is daniel and margaret

parish dist kingstown
      ill put this co wicklow south of kingstown/ dun laoghaireal bray is a seasidetown on the border of co dublin that is what i was given .but...... im not sure if this is where francis ann his wife lived margaret parents
      any way thanks again for helping
      hotmail

Comment

Working...
      X