Any ideas on finding an immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on finding an immigration

I am trying to find when ,and who with ,Adam Muller born abt 1852 in Germany arrived here .
    Cannot find him on the 1871 Census then he marries in 1877 to Emily Kemp and dies in 1892
    According to the Marriage Cert he was a Dyer and his father Adam was a Turner .
    He did alternate between a Skin Dyer and a Musician according to childrens Births and Cenus records.
    thanks

Hi Val - Alien Passenger Arrivals to the UK 1810-1869 are now on the A site - you might see something in there. Could possibly be something in the London Gazette as well.
    Not sure if this is connected? In the UK Archives -
    Cause number: 1875 N1. Short title: Neveux v Argles. Documents: Bill, interrogatories, bond, answer. Plaintiffs: Frederique Spoor Neveux. Defendants: Charles Argles, Jacob Bauer the elder, Catherina Bauer, Philip Bauer, Jacob Bauer the younger, Paul Phildins, Adam Muller and Anna Maria Muller his wife. 1875

Where did the family live?
    Last edited by naomiatt; 19-03-10, 20:00.

Comment

thanks very much Naomi I didn't realise they had those years available, not that I have found him yet .

Comment

Hi - I've read mixed reviews about the info available, but you never know! What part of the UK was it?

Comment

thanks again still not found him, he married in Bethnal Green Middlesex

Comment

Have you looked for likely variations & mistranscriptions?

MULLER would have started out as MUELLER or Müller. The latter version looks very much like Miiler, so gets rendered as MIILLER.

Also, I've put in a number of place-corrections recently where the country had not been entered in the country-box: so it's probably better to put country as a keyword, instead.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

If he was a musician, might be something in here https://archive.thestage.co.uk/Defau...=1269036927986
              In 1881 and 1891 does he still show as being from Germany?

Comment

yes he does Naomi and thanks for that link but I do believe he was just a pub or street singer,with high ideas.

Comment

didnt see you there Christine yes have tried variations but not Miller as he seems to have used Muller on all records including his death, didnt think it would be transcribed as that ??? but will look ,as his children changed it to Miller when they got married.

Comment

Worth looking for MILLER - but I'd look for M*LLER ~ I've seen ü transcribed as ii. It's hard to tell the difference a small font/script - hence the errors - I mean:

ü and ii

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                    X