Eastbourne Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastbourne Library

Just like to post public thanks to the Library for their exellent service. I visited as a side trip during a recent stay in Brighton.

I found a newspaper article with pictures of my great grandfather and all four of my grandmother's brothers but I was unable to get a decent copy from the microfilm. The Library staff arranged a scan of the original newspaper and posted a copy of it to my home address. All free of charge!

Thats great service

Comment

That's excellent!

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I haven't been in since they refurbished but they have usually been very helpful with finding old newspapers and electoral rolls for me in the past. They have a good local history reference section there too

Comment

Working...
        X