whoopee finally got the right cert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whoopee finally got the right cert

Finally got the right Death Cert after a few tries ,trouble was she was living bigamously so wasn't really sure what to look for ?? and then she and her so called Husband disappear in 1901 so wasn't really sure when they had even died .
    So am thrilled to say the least especially as it will be costing more for the Certs soon .

Well done that woman!! :D

Comment

I usually pounce on the Postman, but decided to play it cool and didn't even open it for hours ?? was so sure it would be the wrong one.

Comment

Poor postman...

... Is he good looking??!!

Comment

umm NO

Comment

Careful when you pounce on him then...

Comment

Well done Val!
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

thanks Nell I do hate loose ends dont you ????

Comment

Well done Val. Was there anything interesting on it? (Other than of course the fact that it was the right one!)

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

hello Tom ,not really, she died in Shoreditch Infirmary , I was surprised she gave her normal address as that of one of her daughters though??? as I said she and her husband who died in 1916 dont appear anywhere on the 1901 Census so it was hard narrowing her down as she also wasn't married to this man so wasn't really sure if she would be under her first husband's name or his ????
                    But as I said I hate loose ends, I dont just research a line I also research the whole family, love to see what they did , and where and when they died.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      she died in Shoreditch Infirmary , I was surprised she gave her normal address as that of one of her daughters though???
                      The address of the deceased person won't be on the cert, unless that is the place of death, which is obviously not the case here.
                      If the daughter was the informant, then that is why her address is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackberry View Post
                        The address of the deceased person won't be on the cert, unless that is the place of death, which is obviously not the case here.
                        If the daughter was the informant, then that is why her address is there.
                        Val - isn't it great when we can tie off another loose end

Blackberry - I have 3 ancestors who died in infirmaries during late 19th and early 20th century. In each case although the infirmary as place of death is recorded in first column, their normal address is given in the 5th (occupation) column
                        eg for my great great grandmother, "Laundress of 41 Vittoria Street Islington" and for my great grandfather "of 9 Paisley Road Wood Green Retired watch maker"
                        Last edited by JudithM; 22-03-10, 13:21.
                        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

funny enough the informant was the Medical Officer it wasn't her Daughter it does not even mention her Daughter's name but I recognised it as her address .
                          Yes Judith its great I have been wondering about her for ages now she can really rest in peace.

Comment

That's lucky then, as I don't think it was the norm.

Comment

Blackberry thing is it didn't help me at all as she wasn't with them in 1901 ????

Comment

Working...
                              X