Kings County ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings County ireland

Looking for information on my greatgran dad Willaim Rice born 1855 Kings county(now called OFFALY) Ireland
    on marriage in UK in 1888 father down as Thomas Rice
    Looking to find any info on Rice from this area to try and find more about my surname and the Rice history in this area
    Thanks
    D

Have you looked on familysearch.org pilot site? they have a few listings for the Rice surname in Offaly.
    Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
      Have you looked on familysearch.org pilot site? they have a few listings for the Rice surname in Offaly.
      Margaret
      i have used site and found a few but not able to link all to my line
      thanks
      domo

Comment

Hi, I'm also researching in Offaly, I have found UK GDL useful, just select Offaly (Kings) where it says 'select a county' then click on the county button underneath, there is a whole list of assorted links to some quite obscure directories. Might be lucky ?
        Alison

Comment

offaly request

Originally posted by herebedragons View Post
          hi, i'm also researching in offaly, i have found uk gdl useful, just select offaly (kings) where it says 'select a county' then click on the county button underneath, there is a whole list of assorted links to some quite obscure directories. Might be lucky ?
          could you give me the full web address for this site you us please
          cheers
          domo

Comment

Here's the link to the UK GDL - http://www.ukgdl.org.uk/

I think your thread is more suitable for the Research Qs & As forum as the Research Request forum is used for specific lookups at Records Offices.
            You may well find on the Research forum that members will have some more general ideas.
            Elaine

Comment

You might bookmark this site (pay per view) for future use:

Search Irish Family History records online: parish registers; church records; Roman Catholic and Protestant. Irish Family History Foundation online research service for the 32 county genealogy centres throughout Ireland. Largest online Irish Genealogy records database for 32 counties. Ireland ancestry, baptismal, birth, marriage, death, census, gravestone, Griffith Valuations, Tithes, ships passenger lists records. Family History research provided by centres.

It has parish records for Ireland, but Offaly isn't covered yet.

You can view Griffiths Valuation free here:

but as it doesn't show families it may not be much help without a more specific birthplace.

Comment

Working...
              X