Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice/help wanted please.

Hi,

I am currently trying to trace my Great Grandmothers siblings marriages.

I am struggling with 2 of my Great Grandmothers sisters and I was hoping someone may be able to help or offer some advice.

Firstly, I have Charlotte Dobson born 1892 Bulwell Nottingham, daughter of John and Ellen Dobson.

I have used the free search on the 1911, but there isn't a Charlotte Dobson on there. I have checked freebmd for a marriage, there is a marriage for a Charlotte Dobson in 1910 Sheffield, but unfortunately, I can't find the others on the same page.

Also, on the 1901 census Ellen's sister Charlotte Allen has a niece living with her called Charlotte Dobson born 1898. Looking at the free search on 1911 it looks like this Charlotte is still with her aunt and mistranscribed as Charlotte Robson.

I have tried to find a birth record for Charlotte born 1898, but can't find anything. With Charlotte Dobson listed as Charlotte Allens niece, I thought that Charlotte Dobson would have been Ellen Dobsons daughter, but would they have named 2 children the same name?

Also, I have been trying to trace a marriage for a Jane Dobson who was born 1887 Bulwell Notts.

Using the 1911 free search I have found a Jennie Slater born 1887 Bulwell Nottingham. I have also found a marriage for a Jennie Dobson to Thomas Randolph Slater 1907 Nottingham.

I have looked on the 1891 and 1901 census for a Jennie Dobson born Bulwell Nottingham, but can't seem to find one. Do you think it is likely that Jennie is my Jane Dobson?

Any help or advice would be truly appreciated.

Kelly.

Hi,

I think I have now sorted this, thanks to another kind member who has been helping me today.

I think the Jennie Slater Nee Dobson I found on the 1911 is infact my Jane Dobson. Will just need to purchase the marriage certificate to confirm this.

Also, My Charlotte Dobson is on the 1911 but her surname and age had been mistranscribed, I have also found her marriage record which I am 99%sure is the correct one, but again I will need to purchase the marriage certificate to confirm my findings.

The Charlotte Dobson who is on the 1901 born 1898 Nottingham, I think this is infact my Charlotte born 1893 and her age as been wrongly entered.

Thank you again to the very kind member who helped me today, it really is truly appreciated.

Kind regards

Kelly.

Comment

Working...
    X