Excellent certificate service from Hampshire (Alton) Register Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent certificate service from Hampshire (Alton) Register Office

I recently (evening of 11 Mar) made a big GRO cert order, to get ahead of the price hike. Expected posting date is 18 Mar.

The next day (late morning 12 Mar) I rang Hants Register Office at Alton, to order an 1848 death cert I wasn't sure about. Then I put in an internet order, for the same death - but in 1850. Yesterday - 16 Mar - I had a phonecall from the Alton registrar to query the orders: we agreed that I didn't need the 1848 cert (so he told me my full refund would be processed for that one) and agreed which of the two possible 1850 deaths was "mine".

My cert arrived today (folded neatly in three) - 17 Mar - and I've received emails confirming the various stages - including charges and refunds - as things have gone along.

I shall definitely consider going back to them in future for Hampshire certs - but I might ask for a photocopy-type cert, rather than typed, if possible.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

I have always found Hampshire Record Office is really good. Consistantly very efficient and helpful. Definently one of the better Record Offices out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
      I have always found Hampshire Record Office is really good. Consistantly very efficient and helpful. Definently one of the better Record Offices out there.
      Records or Register? (signed A Pedant)
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Ditto some in Buckinghamshire, Suffolk, Cornwall, Kent, and Lambeth, that have "gone the extra mile". :-)
        Joy

Comment

Working...
        X