Gloucestershire look ups if possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Gloucestershire look ups if possible

Hi im new here and was just wondering if anyone will be going to the Gloucestershire Records Office soon.

I was in Gloucester yesterday for work and took some time out to search a few records but unfortunatly ran out of time and im not due to return to Gloucestershire for a while. I have a few relatives in that area but none are able to go for me due to heavy workloads. So im hoping there maybe someone here that may be in the area or planning a trip there in the very near future.

The records I still need to find are
    Birth/Baptism
    Henry Wright born in Stockwell (near Birdlip) 1700's. I know he married a Sarah Turner in 1752 in Cowley, Glos.
    Frederick Tillion birth possibly in Staverton (near Gloucester) 1894
    Walter Tillion birth possibly in Staverton 1886
    James Edward Tillion birth possibly in Staverton 1886
    Frederick E Wright birth abt 1881 Cheltenham
    Alfred G E Wright birth abt 1883 Cheltenham

Marriage
    Rebecca Reeves marriage at St. Mary's Church,Cheltenham 1853
    George Summers marriage to Mary Baker St. Marys Charlton Kings 1848
    Charles Summers marriage to Sarah Bennett St. Marys Charlton Kings 1885
    Hilda Tillion marriage to Leonard Wright at Cheltenham Registry Office 1951
    Ethel Emma Cox marriage to Thomas Henry Wright Cheltenham Registry Office 1913
    Charles Cox marriage to Clara Bowcott St Marks 1878
    Joseph Tillion marriage to Harriet Gardner Withington 1835
    Frederick Wright marriage to Eliza Jenkins Cambray Baptist Chapel 1878

I am also willing to pay for the cost of getting print outs of marriage entries
    Last edited by flux; 23-03-10, 00:13. Reason: record no longer needed

I have been asked by someone about 3 weeks ago to look up most of what you are asking for, I can go to record Office any time, can you email and let me know if you are the same person or I can put you in touch with the person who has also contacted me.

Comment

I think I'm right in saying that Register Office marriages are not available at the Archives, so for a couple on your list you will need to buy certificates. Maybe someone more experienced can confirm this (or not!). I live in Devon but go to Gloucester Archives occasionally. It will be some months before I get there again, but I can give you the information on one of the marriages (I'm afraid I don't have a print out)

St Mary's, Cheltenham
      24th Sept 1853
      James William Cox (s), Full age, Ba, Alstone, Gardener Father: William Cox, Gardener
      Rebecca Reeves (s), Full age, Sp, Alstone, Father: Thomas Reeves, Gardener
      Witnesses: Thomas Reeves (x), Mary Ann Reeves
      Banns
      Rebecca actually signed Rebecca Cox rather than Rebecca Reeves

I'd be interested to know your connection to the Reeves family, as I'm descended from Rebecca's sister Mary Ann – maybe a reply by pm would be best, to avoid taking over this thread.

scuda
      Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

found this im not sure if we have it here on the wikki
        http://ww3.gloucestershire.gov.uk/ge...y/Results.aspx orry if you have i have just been looking at it brenda xxx

Comment

Hi flux
          Joseph Tillion was my Great Great Great Grandfather. I was wondering if you had any luck with his Marriage Certificate to Harriet Gardner?

Thanks very much.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Tills.
            Flux hasn't logged into the forum for some time so it might be better to try to make contact via personal message.
            Click on Flux's name to the left of the post and you will see an option to send a message.
            Providing the email address we have for Flux is current then he/she will receive email notification of your message.
            Elaine

Comment

Hi
              Have been taking some time out from family history research (or being lazy cant work out which) but this email notification has got me back looking back through my records.
              I have replied to you message Tills

Comment

Working...
              X