Family Tree Maker 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Maker 2010

Postman came this morning with my copy of FTM2010. Six days from when I sent the Tesco voucher. Installed software and it is running OK.

Tried to download my Ancestry family tree and it worked with pictures and facts.

Could not register for the six months free membership online and the link gave a number to phone. Lady said that no one could register today because the world wide registration program is down, but I can try again later and there is no deadline for registering for the additional free membership as long as it is before your normal renewal date.
    Don

Researching: ANNAL (Orkney/Ontario) BILSTON (Worcestershire) CLARK (Shetland) HOLLOWAY (Worcestershire) RHODES (Worcestershire) WILSON (Orkney)

Register over the phone and they will encourage you to upgrade the a year's subscription, but will discount it by the 6 months free charge, so if you want a year's subscription you get it for half price, still an excellent deal.

Or even upgrade to a year of full membership still getting the value of the 6th months essential (£40) off.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Complete system was down and the lady said she could not register me either but she did say I could register online when the system came back on.

I registered on line last year.
      Don

Researching: ANNAL (Orkney/Ontario) BILSTON (Worcestershire) CLARK (Shetland) HOLLOWAY (Worcestershire) RHODES (Worcestershire) WILSON (Orkney)

Comment

What I was pointing out, was to register on the phone when the system is back up and not online if you want the discounts.

Trev

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Sorry Trev, read you wrong. I am already a member and last time they extended my current membership by six months.
          I tried again last night and the system is still down but I am not in a rush because I am paid up until July.
          In the mean time I am reading the booklets that came with the software and then I will start going through my records to clear the duplicated sources that I picked up when I merged without checking my files first. Must be more careful in future!
          Don

Comment

Started from basics with the Getting Started Book, setup the Diana Spencer tree and worked through all the screens. I found out how to set up the Notes and the Media files which I had used but not read up on before and how to open the Timeline for Family Data and Historic events. All I have to do now is update my 700 relatives in the same way.
            Don

Comment

Hi Guys, Not been on FTF for a while, been made redundant and job hunting, but I was able to activate 6 months free Ancestry membership this week with a phone call. Membership extended to Jan 2011 with no upgrade required. Must try to get back to sorting out my tree, I think I need to do some time management, too many things to do and not enough time.
              Don

Comment

Working...
              X