Peterkin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peterkin

I am trying to find out about the name Peterkin, A magdalene Peterkin was born abt 1896,sorry dont know where, I do know that she married in Radford Nottingham to a Richard Henry Richards,in 1924.
    Her Father was William Peterkin. I believe she had a baby son that died very young between 1924 and 1926.

There is a Nina Magdalen Peterkin B 1895 Dec Qtr Toxteth Pk 8b 165 and a Ronald K Richards b 1925 Leeds 9b 658 mother Peterkin on free BMD. No death on free BMD for Ronald maybe someone with an Ancestry sub could look for his death Jac

Comment

Magdalene Peterkin married Ronald H Richards, Nottingham REgistration District, June Quarter 1925 (7b 865). (freebmd)
      Could not see death for Ronald K Richards, or even Magdalene or Richard H in ancestry.

There is a freebmd entry for a death for Nina Magdellan Peterkin Jun Q 1898 in Birkenhead.

But the 1901 census has an entry in Elgin Scotland for Magdalene Peterkin, 5 year old daughter of William and Margaret Peterkin.

Di
      Last edited by dicole; 17-03-10, 04:46. Reason: more info
      Diane
      Sydney Australia
      Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

is this another child on Freebmd ?

Dec Q 1931
        Richards Joyce R M mothers maiden name Peterken District - Poplar 1c 452
        Diane
        Sydney Australia

Comment

There is a Leonard Peterkin born 1923 & dies 1924 in Leeds,

MMN Peterkin

Maybe she had the son before she married
          Jess

Comment

Sounds like that might be the one Jess. Only way to be sure would be to get the cert. I checked yorks bmd, but I don't think that Leeds is covered in that time frame.

In the Incoming Passengers Lists (to UK) on ancestry, there is an entry for possible living person b 11 May 1925, unmarried, coming to the UK from Montreal Canada aboard the ship "Rathlin Head", arriving 21 Aug 1960, for a period of six months. Permanent resident of Canada, address while in UK , 7 Claremont Terr, Sunderland.

The birth date is the right quarter for the Leeds birth registration.
            Last edited by Velma Dinkley; 17-03-10, 09:43. Reason: Naming of possible living person
            Diane
            Sydney Australia

Comment

Hi Jac ,Diane, and Jess. many thanks for all the info on Peterkin, I think the Elgin in Scotland sounds good, and the death of her first son Leonard also sounds like it could be the correct one,I will send for a certificate.The second son who we cant name also makes sense to me the one on board the Rathlin Head. I do believe Magdalene left for India abt 1941 after divorcing Richard, he remarried moved to Cape Town where he died in 1971, The Son with the Canadian link is their son born 1925, I Share the same Father and have only recently learnt I had half Brothers.Thanks again for the help after so many years of wondering ,its members like you all answer so many questions.

Comment

I dont have any credits to double check the full entry but going along with with 1901 scottish census find there was a birth registerd in Moray Scotland that matches with the birth name and year on the Scotlandpeoples website
                WendyP

Comment

Working...
                X