help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

can someone please tell me how to read these family names please..
    http://www.familysearch.org/eng/libr...Familienrollen &columns=*,180,0
    thanks....allan....or can someone tell me if the SACHT family name is mentioned...looking for Carl Freidrich Sacht b 1848 Heligoland....cheers
    Last edited by garstonite; 14-03-10, 06:58.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Hi Allan - looks like the info is on micofilm at their Family History Library in Utah...
    Do you live near any places mentioned in this list?

I think you can request to view the microfilm - FHL INTL Film
    1183657 Items 2-5
    Title Helgoländer Familienrollen : 1669-1935

Comment

Thanks Naomiatt.....Preston or Manchester are the nearest.....NO office in Liverpool....loads of obscure towns though...lol....looks like a trip to Preston next week.....I`m determined to find my Heligoland roots.....cheers...allan
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Hi - maybe give them a call first and check you can view the microfilm (otherwise it's a bit of a journey from Garston to Utah!!)... do you read German or know someone that does, if not, perhaps they have someone who could assist you with searching the name(s).

This is the full info for printing purposes -

Title
        Helgoländer Familienrollen : 1669-1935

Notes
        Mikrofilm aufgenommen von Manuskripten der Schleswig-Holsteinischen Gesellschaft für Familienforschung und Wappenkunde, Kiel, Deutschland. 540 Bl.
        Mit Index.
        Inhalt: Verzeichnis der Helgoländer Familienrollen DIN A2 -- Verzeichnis der Helgoländer Familienrollen DIN A4 -- Helgoländer Familienrollen DIN A2 -- Helgoländer Familienrollen DIN A4 -- Patronymische Namensgebung am Beispiel der Helgoländer Familienrolle Blatt 214, Rickmers-Schott-Michels
        Pedigrees of families from Helgoland, Schleswig-Holstein, Prussia, Germany.

Subjects
        Germany, Preußen, Schleswig-Holstein, Helgoland - Genealogy

Format
        Manuscript (On Film)

Language
        German

Publication
        Salt Lake City, Utah : Gefilmt durch The Genealogical Society of Utah, 1991

Physical
        auf 1 Mikrofilmrolle ; 35 mm.

Film Notes
        Note - Location [Film]
        Helgoländer Familienrollen - FHL INTL Film [ 1183657 Items 2-5 ]
        Last edited by naomiatt; 14-03-10, 09:02.

Comment

Thanks Naomiatt...the link was given to me by someone on Rootschat...they have an administrator (berlin Bob) who is brilliant at stuff like this....I`ll PM him...but looking at that (I worked in Germany for 3 years, Auf Weidersein Pet era 1979-1981) I would think it`s only 3 family names...1183657 items 2-5.....Rickmers Schott Michels......hope I`m wrong......Danke Meine Frau....lol....allan
          Last edited by garstonite; 14-03-10, 09:14.

Comment

Bitteschön, kein problem!! :D (and I hope that's right as I don't speak German, so just looked it up..know a bit of Yiddish though..but more of the naughty words and expressions!)
            Last edited by naomiatt; 14-03-10, 09:55.

Comment

Allen, the item numbers on the film are there to aid you in finding the place on the film where the records for the Church are. There are often many Churches in different Parishes on one reel. So items 2-5 would not refer to there being 3 names, rather that there are 4 sections of film, 2,3,4 & 5 for you to look through. Each section usually has a photo of an item number board at the start of each section (item) for easy identification of the place on the fim reel.

I would strongly suggest you phone the Family History Centre you plan to visit before you go. Many are only small centres and have to order in films for you. Only the very big centres have stocks of film. If you give them a call during their published opening times they will let you know what their local arrangements are regarding film ordering and viewing.

Comment

Working...
              X