Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935 look up request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Passenger Lists, 1865-1935 look up request

Can any one give me the details of Hedley W Franklin?
    He's listed as an arrival in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

I'm sure he's mine, but need age/PoB/wife details etc to confirm.

I expect born 1874, in Ireland, wife Eliza if he is mine.

(does he have children if he is mine?)

Cheers
    trev

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

born abt 1875
    Arrival: 27 Mar 1907
    Vessel: Siberian

Arrival: Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Departure: Glasgow, Scotland and Liverpool, England

only other info is he was a railwayman (railway labourer). British Bonus Allowed and he was heading for Montreal

Native or country of birth = English
    mm

Comment

If you have Herts library membership, you could book a computer at a local library and get access to Ancestry.com for free. Otherwise there's a risk that folks might be breaching their T&C for you?

Once you get the inbound date, you could look at the free inbound passenger manifest images on the Canadian Library & Archives site - but it isn't indexed, and you certainly wouldn't want to have to trawl the lot!

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks mary

That confirms he's mine.

I appreciate your comments re T's and C's Christine, so will put this in my 'look up list' for the summer recess, as that's the only time I have to visit my library.
        I'll need to, as he should have had a wife and a daughter with him, so I wonder what happened?

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

With the info above, you should be able to find the incoming free record.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Brillient one Christine, I never knew this site existed.
            I can look this Franklin and also 6 others (Poole, Pursglove), who I know when they emigrated

Thanks a lot for the link

Trev

Researching:

Comment

Found him (Thanks Christine)
              But..... he's traveling alone.

On 1901 census he is in London with Wife Eliza (born 1877) and daughter Florence (born 1898 in Derbyshire), so what happened to them?
              I have been searching 1911, but all the Eliza with a Florence are all married with their husbands present.

Researching:

Comment

I've found Eliza Franklin (30), travelling to Canada with children Florence (9) and Frederick (4) on the Kensington, which left Liverpool on 24th October 1907 bound for Montreal. Eliza is listed as 'wife' but no husband with her, so I suspect it's the family you're looking for. You should be able to find the incoming record via collectionscanada as Christine mentioned.

scuda
                Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Thanks Scuda,

I'll look up the image on the site Christine informed me about.

I have two 'Pooles' who Emigrated to Regina Seskatchewan Canada.

Arthur went via the USA,
                  Arthur John Poole
                  Arrival Date: 20 Mar 1911
                  Estimated birth year: abt 1888
                  Ship Name: Dominion
                  Port of Arrival: Portland, Maine
                  Birthplace: Maharsburg, England

so obviously I cannot look him up on the Canada site, but his younger brother William went over in 1922.
                  And I was given this information some time ago:

William Alfred Poole
                  Estimated birth year: abt 1896
                  Birth Place: Malmesbury, England
                  Date of Arrival: Apr 1922
                  Port of Arrival: Halifax, Nova Scotia
                  Ship Name: Cameronia

BUT... I cannot find a matching record on the Canada image site, so have I got the correct year and date, as I cannot see an April arrival for the 'Cameronia'?

Researching:

Comment

I agree, there's no Cameronia entry for 1922. I have found a list showing William Poole with wife Mary on the Cameronia in 1924. If you pm me with your email address I'll send you the image so you can see if it could be the man you're looking for.

scuda
                    Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Another possibility: Alfred Poole on the Cameronia leaving Liverpool (for Halifax and New York) in March 1922. Alfred's address is in Malmesbury, which sounds promising. I can email that image too.

scuda

Comment

Originally posted by scuda View Post
                        Another possibility: Alfred Poole on the Cameronia leaving Liverpool (for Halifax and New York) in March 1922. Alfred's address is in Malmesbury, which sounds promising. I can email that image too.

scuda
                        That's him Scuda,
                        His full name was William Alfred Poole, so he was obviously using his middle name on the list.

Thanks
                        Trev

Researching:

Comment

Trevor, Info for Alfred is on its way.

scuda

Comment

Working...
                          X