great site with free database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great site with free database

sorry if someone has already posted this site, it's excelent if your family where in Liverpool and catholic

Yes Joy I put it on here last year and will be in the wikki somewhere and I agree it is an excellent site for lots of stuff, including the Aliens List, Irish Fragments, St Alexanders Catholic Church which I lived 2 mins from in my childhood, Ford Cemetery records, Fallen Hero's.
    It has been put together by the local FHs transcribers and a very useful tool if you have Liverpool Ancestors.

Edna

Comment

wonder why they only do catholic churches, all my lot are C E

Joyce

Comment

Joyce most C of E records are available on line already and Catholic records are in general not available on line.
        Is it Liverpool records that you are after as there are many websites for Liverpool, post some of what you need up and people will check for you.

Edna

Comment

Hiya Edna...you are probably aware of this free site....it has a Liverpool and Mereyside Districts link, and over the last couple of years I have pointed people to this site for them to post and ask about rellies......for instance if your gg grandad was in Toxteth in the 1881 census, you go to the Districts thread - then to South Central...and you will see a Toxteth link......it`s another handy site for anyone researching Liverpool/Merseyside rellies...
          Established in 2005, yoliverpool became one of the largest digital communities in Liverpool, which grew into an archive of old pictures of Liverpool.

allan
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
          oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
          adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
          merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
          coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Joyce, the Lancashire OPC site has transcriptions of records for quite a few Liverpool churches (C of E), with more transcriptions added regularly.
            OPC, Online Parish Clerk, family history, local history, free data, parish registers, census, Lancashire, รถ

There is also a search function which you can use to search individual churches or all the churches in a city or town.
            Last edited by Cloggie; 12-03-10, 08:02.
            Sarah

Comment

Working...
            X