google earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• google earth

Just thought you may be interested to know google earth camera views have now gone public and shows 85% of roads ............... enter your post code to see if you have a camera view of your street.
    Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Thanks Roy - yes, did it and got a lovely view of my cul-de-sac and bungalow. Been playing around on it most of the day and got nothing done indoors!:D
    Stella passed away December 2014

Comment

It's not on Google Earth though, is it? Just Google maps.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

it comes up in google earth on my pc, street view has been there for some time now, but only on selected streets now seems they have launched it for most uk streets

I cant believe how stupid people are, someone's just posted an image of their house on face book, I guess its good news for robin hood!!!!
        Last edited by rbere; 11-03-10, 20:15.
        Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Yes, it's available in both Google Earth and Google Maps.
          To use it in Google Earth, make sure you have the Street View box ticked (under Layers in the box at the bottom left of the screen).
          Sarah

Comment

when I tried on google earth it asked me to download google earth 10 is that safe to do so

Comment

I don't know what Google Earth 10 is Val. As far as I know, the latest version is 5.1
              I'm running 5.1.3533.1731 and when I run a check for updates, it says no updates are available at this time.

When you've got Google Earth open, to see what version you're running, click on Help > About Google Earth
              To check for updates, click on Help > Check for Updates Online
              Sarah

Comment

I'm rubbish at this most of the time all I can find is the roof tops ???

Comment

Val,
                  On the left hand side are the arrows you use to move up, down, left and right. Immediately above should be a little figure - click and drag it to the road you want to look at and it should take you down to street level.

Comment

The little orange figure is in Google Maps.
                    In Google Earth, you should see little cameras, and transparent spheres.
                    Double-click on the little cameras to see the Street View. Once you're in Street View, you should see more little cameras up ahead. Just keep double-clicking on cameras to "move" along the street.
                    You can click and drag to look sideways and up and down.

To zoom back out from Street View, click on Exit Photo in the top right corner.
                    Last edited by Cloggie; 12-03-10, 17:22.
                    Sarah

Comment

thanks Lindsay and Cloggie sort of figured it out now .

Comment

Working...
                      X