Hughes look up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes look up

I have a Edward Hughes born abt 1806 in Brymbo Denbighshire. I need to find His Parents and siblings any other info would bo good Thanks

lili - Where have you looked already? The IGI (International Genealogical Index) could be a good starting point. But do you realise how common a Welsh name Edward Hughes is? I presume you haven't found him with his parents (or an aged parent staying with him or a family member) on the censuses.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I looked in the census's and could find only one Edward Hughes from Brymbo in the 1851-1891 censuses, but could not locate him in 1841 - none of the place names seem to match Brymbo, or any place close to it on google maps. He is with his wife in the later census, I was hoping perhaps an elderly parent was with him in 1841. None of the IGI baptisms for Edward Hughes in Denbigh seem to match Brymbo either, unless it was also known by another name.

Di
      Diane
      Sydney Australia
      Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

It looks as if Brymbo was a new parish, made out of Wrexham and contained the township of Brymbo and part of Broughton. See this link http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/DEN/Brymbo/index.html If you look down the page it says there are no entries for the Parish of Brymbo on the IGI.

Maybe not good news but I hope it helps.

Ayse

Comment

Hi

The 1841 census for Brymbo (part of Wrexham) is officially "missing"! Only a very small part around, Wrexham town centre, has ever been recovered.

mm

Comment

sorry this info was already there
            Last edited by marymog; 11-03-10, 08:34. Reason: duplication

Comment

On the 1871 census Edward Hughes listed with the family is a nephew born 1856 born Llanfaredd (or possibly Llanfynydd, depends on who wrote the census return - Welsh or English) Flintshire. Perhaps this Edward's father was your Edwards brother?

I'll see if I can find him on the 1861

Ayse

Comment

Llanfaredd is in Radnorshire so I reckon the census meant Llanfynydd - right next door to Brymbo but in Flintshire. As was said before loads of Edward Hughes (1856) but this one could be a possible. 1861 census piece 4276, folio 38, page 17. Edward is noted as nephew aged 4 born Llanfynyd, Denbighshire and living in Pontblyddyn, Flintshire with Richard Fennah (32) and wife Hannah (25), family plus father in law George Lloyd (father in law) aged 60 maybe born Wrexham and his wife. Also with them is George Jones, also a nephew. I wonder how these two nephews fit in if Edward is yours. nWhat a knotty problem.

Ayse

Comment

Thanks every one As far as i can make out he was married in 1837 to a Mary ? They had 7 Children. Samuel 1834 , Ann 1837 ,Margaret 1839, Edward 1832, Mary 1846 , William 1847 , Joseph1852, If i have it right
                  Last edited by Guest; 12-03-10, 18:07.

Comment

Working...
                  X