Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel Holder - Gloucestershire

Hi Everyone

I am looking for information on a Samuel Holder of Frampton Cotterel.

Sarah Sturge had my 6 x Grt Grandfather Christopher Sturge illegimately in 1699 and Samuel was named as the father in the Frampton Cotterell PRs.
    There are 2 Samuels mentioned Samuel m 1684 son of Samuel & Jane and I am unsure as yet which one is the father.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Nona
    ;D NONA
    VEAL, PRICE, STURGE, BELLET, DREW, TAYLOR Som/Glos COTTERELL, NAPPER, NASH, FLEETWOOD, HANDLEY, COLLINS, BROWN Ledbury, Bromyard, Herefordshire, Worcs, NASH, TYLER Warks, Kent, CROWE, REYNOLDS Suffolk, CARLSON/CHARLSON Sweden/E Ldn, COX Wilts 'Trego STILES', DORTON Middx, Surrey
    PROBABLE IMPOSSIBILITIES ARE TO BE PREFERRED TO IMPROBABLE POSSIBILITIES - ARISTOTLE

nice to see you posting hope somewhere we will have a connection with the elusive holders....enjoy our big family brenda xxx

Nona.....look at the top of the page and you will see ged come...go there and type your surname and all looking for holders on this ftf will be there,see if you can find what your looking for there.just put surname.xxxx
    Last edited by Guest; 09-03-10, 10:52.

Comment

just bumping up for nona brenda xxx

Comment

Any chance there might be any Wills you could use?
        Or Settlement orders?
        Or Apprenticeship records?
        And what about Bastardy Bonds (not sure when they were applicable)?

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I am looking for information on a Samuel Holder of Frampton Cotterel.
          The Genealogical Database on the Gloucester Archives website has several Samuel Holders in the early 1700s, but they are not from Frampton (or at least they weren't living there when their wills were written). It would be worth trying to get hold of copies of the wills to see if one of them refers to Christopher Sturge. Maybe someone who's going to Gloucester could copy them for you, they're on microfiche (£5 for a camera for a day, take as many photographs of the screen as you need).

scuda
          Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Samuel Holder

Hi Everyone

Thank you for posting so quickly.

I do have some Holder wills and I will re-read them. I have not looked at this branch of my family for nearly 25 years. Maybe because Christoper was illegitimate & I was trying to find his mother's family [or name if it came to that if she was a widow]. Plus all the other branches that were easier to follow.
            I do have her will but she only mentions Christopher.

I am away shortly for a week so I will start looking properly when I get back.

NONA

MY NAMES
            ;D NONA
            VEAL, PRICE, STURGE, BELLET, DREW, TAYLOR Som/Glos COTTERELL, NAPPER, NASH, FLEETWOOD, HANDLEY, COLLINS, BROWN Ledbury, Bromyard, Herefordshire, Worcs, NASH, TYLER Warks, Kent, CROWE, REYNOLDS Suffolk, CARLSON/CHARLSON Sweden/E Ldn, COX Wilts 'Trego STILES', DORTON Middx, Surrey
            PROBABLE IMPOSSIBILITIES ARE TO BE PREFERRED TO IMPROBABLE POSSIBILITIES - ARISTOTLE

Comment

Nona.... i was a taylor but from leeds,some in liecstershire,scotland lol brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
              X