Passenger List please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger List please

H Attewell, b. 1887 travelled to Brisbane Australia in 1949. Could sks have a quick look and see if his name is Herbert, and if he was travelling with anyone.

Also for Herbert R Attewell , b 1915 travelling 1929 and Herbert T R Attewell b 1914, travelling 1930 - I think the elder Herbert is the father, and the younger Herberts his 2 sons. (They must have liked the name!)

Many thanks

Linda
    Last edited by ozgirl; 08-03-10, 17:02.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

On 17/11/1949, Mr H Attewell, 62, retired, and Miss B Attewell, 32, hairdresser, departed on the Ormonde.
    The address they gave was Juryhayes Cott., Withleigh, Tiverton.
    Country of last permanent residence: England.
    Country of intended future residence: Australia.

Comment

On 16/10/1929, Mr Herbert R Attewell, 14, newspaper boy, departed on the Esperance Bay. No other Attewell on the same passenger list.
      The address he gave was 260 Northborough Road, Norbury SW16.

Comment

On 14/3/1930 Mr Herbert T R Attewell, 16, tug worker, departed on the Bendigo. No other Attewell on the same passenger list.
        The address he gave was 26a Northborough Road, Norbury SW16.
        Last edited by Mary from Italy; 08-03-10, 21:08.

Comment

Thanks Mary, the first ones are definitely my lot. The other two look as though they might have been brothers - 260 and 26a could be the same address, but why they were in London, when there home was in Devon needs some thinking about. 14 and 15 is quite young to emigrate. I know the elder Herbert did end up in Queensland.

Many thanks again.

Linda
          Linda

Comment

Ooh! The older Herbert's immigration file has been digitised, and it's on the NAA site.

Ii didn't realise they were digitising those files.

Comment

His daughter Barbara's file's there too. Those two files are in the Record Search part of the site.

In the Passenger List part, you'll find the names of the other two:

ATTEWELL, Herbert R G, Esperance Bay, 1929
              ATTEWELL, Herbert Thomas Royston, Bendigo, 1930

Their files are available on payment.

I would guess that the TR Attewell mentioned in Herbert and Barbara's files is Thomas Royston.

Comment

Have read through the files - absolutley amazing, thanks so much for the link Mary - never knew he was a policeman after the war. As he was in the Met, I wonder if he was then living in Norbury when the boys went out?

Linda
                Linda

Comment

Quite possible. I also noticed that Barbara trained as a hairdresser in Croydon, which isn't all that far from Norbury.

Comment

Working...
                  X