Montgomery Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montgomery Family

Hi I am still stumped. My Mothers maiden name is Montgomery. Her full name is Mavis Lillian Pearl Hill Nee Montgomery. I am trying to find a link between Field Marshall Montgomery, Bernard Law and my Mother. Can anyone help. Yes I have purchased birth certificates of my Grand Father Montgomery but it has not lead me down the path to Bernard Law Montgomery. \
    Regards Monty59

Having read your other posts of these surnames why do you think that there is a connection? Is it simply because of the surname and the place where your Cyril Montgomery was born?

I undertand in one of your posts you mentioned certificates did you upload them so we can see them? if so can you give a link as to where to see them.
    Last edited by WendyP; 08-03-10, 08:31. Reason: editing
    WendyP

Comment

Reading the past posts, I think the link is a long way back. Is there a family story or some other reason to think there is a link to the Viscount, or is it just because of the same name ? Montgomery is not all that uncommon so might be an entirely different family !! Or it may be that the link is lost in time, in the period of the Commonwealth (Cromwell) when no records were kept, or in the time before parish records were kept !

I have two branches of the Cole family who both use the christian name GUY, from neighbouring towns, but do you think I can find the link ? I can even work out, probably, why they came to use the name GUY, which is interesting but provides no help.

If I were you I would look further for Henry Montgomery who came to Australia and try to find HIS parents and their parents, as far as you can go, then see if their siblings have any links to the ancestors of Bernard Law Montgomery. Patient diligence in chasing up everyone in every record, in every census is the only way to do it, if there is nothing obvious in the published biographies of the Montgomerys.

Di
      Diane
      Sydney Australia
      Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

As well as tracing your own tree, I would also build up a tree of Field Marshall Montgomery and Bernard Law Montgomery... then hopefully you will be able to link them all up through finding that elusive comman ancestor...

Comment

Working...
        X