Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potts in Yorkshire, I am stuck, Can anyone help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potts in Yorkshire, I am stuck, Can anyone help me?

Hi

Wondered if anyone can help me.

I am trying to trace my Grandfather’s side of the family in my tree, he was called Isaac Potts.

I have managed to trace the Potts’s back to William Potts b.1766 in Yorkshire.
    He was married to Sarah Gregg; I do not know when or where she was born.

I have found him on 1841 census he was in a private asylum called 'moor cottage' in Nunkeeling With Bewholme, Yorkshire, aged 75.

I know he had a son called John Potts b.1795 in Yorkshire, he married Ann?
    I do not know her maiden name but she was born in 1796 in Yorkshire and they had 5 children.

But that is where I get stuck.

Thanks

Kaz

POTT
    Barry Drew EMAIL
    click here i have found this intresting as im from leeds, i put in potts and this is the person to email brenda xxxbrenda xxx
    Last edited by Guest; 08-03-10, 10:00.

Comment

Thank you for that, I have just had a quick peek at this site and have found contacts for other names in my tree.
      I will have to do a lot of checking, I will keep you informed as to what I find.
      Thanks again.
      Karen

Comment

your very welcome let me know brenda xxx

Comment

found any one yet.......brenda xxx

Comment

Hi Brenda.
            I am so angry with myself, yesterday afternoon I spilt my drink over my laptop and surprise, surprise it has stopped working. I have cover on it and today it has been taken away to see if it can be repaired. My daughter is letting me use her computer to check my messages but I cannot see my tree. My son is quite technical and he tried to retrieve my tree from my laptop but was unable to. The insurance company have said they will try to repair my laptop but if they cannot, they will replace it and if they can, they will transfer all my infomation on to the new one. I am just hoping I do not loose everything as there is over 10 years genealogy research.
            I will get back to you when it is all sorted. I should hear in the next 5-6 days as to what is happening. I just cannot believe this has happened.
            Talk to you again soon.
            Karen
            x

Comment

if your tree is on ancestry then it on the web and not your computer,have you googled ancestry on your daughter,s
              then log in.i was told you cant lose it if its on ancestry,you can email them and see what they say.i hope you havent lost it.
              go on and ask trevor on here he is good with helping you through broken comps.hugs brenda xxx

Comment

Hi Brenda
                I am back up and running. I have not lost my Ancestry tree but I have lost all the little bits of info I had.
                So back to researching this weekend, will let you know what I find.
                Karen

Comment

Working...
                X