X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message on Ancestry ??? site problems

Intermittent Site Problems
    Posted by Melissa Philips on March 5, 2010 in Site Status
    We wanted to let everyone know that we are experiencing some intermittent site problems that have slowed down the site. We are actively working to resolve these issues and apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
    Thank you for your patience as we work through this issue.

found this on the com site ??? funny how it isnt showing on the UK site ???

I think that's because Ancestry's Blog feature uses the .com URL rather than the .co.uk one.

Here's the URL for the main Blog page: http://blogs.ancestry.com/
    Sarah

Comment

They rarely put signs up to warn of problems on the UK site - I did point out on one occasion that we were well aware that we were only an afterthought plus of course a source of income - apologies were profuse but we still never get the signs .com gets.

I was lucky today in that I had decided I wasn't going to research and that I really had better get on with transferring quite a large part of my Tree (which I had been putting off) to my main Tree - I found it very easy to do on ancestry.com - no problems whatsoever and NOT slowed down! I, will at least get a lot of much "left for another day" boring stuff done.

I have just tried to get into anc.co.uk and I still can't - I have tried intermittently during the day since just before 6am - zilch.

Sue

Comment

There is a notice on the UK site at the moment ..
        Note: You may be experiencing some intermittent service with the Ancestry.co.uk website. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
        Elaine

Comment

anybody noticed this thread is from 2010 ?

Comment

I just heard they have had a serious Cyber attack and are being flooded with messages and cant cope..

quote from a friend

Ancestry have had a serious cyber attack, not one to steal our personal info but a blanket sabbotage of the networks.. basically flooding it with messages until it keels over! Sadly its taking the techies a bit longer than they were expecting to sort it out! ....

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              yes Val ... what's occuring?
              Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Yes, I noticed - but as Sue had posted on it, I responded.
                Elaine

Comment

This problem has been happening in OZ for the last few days too. I can however get on to ancestry if I don't do it through FTM but I seem to be getting very few results for a search.

Tora

Comment

dont know Lass I was amazed when I saw this

Comment

dont know Lass I was amazed when I saw this
                      I expect Sue was searching the site for a thread relating to the current Ancestry problems, came across this one and didn't notice the date.
                      Elaine

Comment

nor did I at first;)

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                          Yes, I noticed - but as Sue had posted on it, I responded.
                          Sorry Elaine to have posted on an old entry - I was so angry at the time I posted that my vision was obscured by high blood pressure!!!

Sue

Comment

Don't worry Sue, it's not a problem. Hope your BP has gone down now and you can get in OK, although from what I am reading there are still some parts of the site which are not quite fully functioning as they should be.
                            Elaine

Comment

I haven't actually tried to use search or the usual things on anc.co.uk - I am being very good now that I have started and am transferring things from one Tree to another - with one computer screen I find I have forgotten what I am transferring and have to keep going back to the first screen - senile decay.

An interesting/weird thing happened today - I didn't see it but my husband did. AGV (a security thingy) came on at some time when computer not being used - I had left ancestry open and it wanted to do an urgent scan, first it said 50 minutes, then it said it would take about 5 hours ...................obviously my husband had a closer look at what they were on about - IT WAS FTM they were concerned about believe it or not - a problem occurring related to them!! Now my FTM which you helped me install suddenly went wrong some time ago if you remember, or wasn't working properly - I have actually not unloaded it and re-loaded it because I just don't trust it (I had lost 2 pictures I realised) I left well alone because I couldn't bear to lose any more (I can save all but the pictures because I keep a fairly up-to-date GEDCOM ............ BUT pictures are worth a thousand words and I can't replace some of those pictures).
                              A lot of people have had trouble with FTM - maybe THAT is the basic cause of the problem with Anc.co.
                              Curious ...................computer is OK, anc.co not entirely sure if it is fully OK and FTM says I am connected to it but I appear not to be if I actually go into FTM! I am intrigued. Perhaps AGV needs replacing it has never woken up so suddenly before with a request for urgent action.

I thought Anc.co had a "cyber attack" - must be a new strain of 'flu I think.

Sue

Comment

Working...
                              X