Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anybody having trouble viewing images on Ancestry again ?????????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately it needs Worldwide membership which I don't have. The page asking me to upgrade came and reference to what it was about.

Anne

Comment

thanks Anne thought as it was on the uk site it didnt matter ?? I have emailed them yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ierWWI&indiv=1
        could you see if this image will open thanks
        I couldn't open the image either, so have reported it as missing ...
        Caroline
        Caroline's Family History Pages
        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

funny thing is I looked at it last night and it was fine ??? thanks

Comment

Have managed to open it Val but I cant open anything 'I' search for!! ................Back to the boy with the rope!! ......Do U want any details from it?

Well you cant have them now.... its closed on me !! LOL
            Last edited by olga_b; 06-03-10, 16:35.
            Olga

Comment

have pmd you Olga thanks, isnt it annoying ??? and still no answer to my complaint ,

Comment

Any luck with this one? Val kindly helped me trace an ancestor who emigrated to Canada but is listed as a soldier in WW1 really want to view the image but can't

Thanks

Steven

Comment

Managed to download it - saved it as well while I had the chance!!!

Can anyone tell me if there are any other pages attached to Donald Anderson - the page I downloaded was his attestation page (on joining Canadian Expeditionary Force

Steven

Comment

Yes it opened for me Val but I've got worldwide ancestry so maybe that's why?? Haven't had a chance to do any research today so not sure if everything is working for me! It's so annoying and frustrating when searches keep returning nothing including ones I know are there because I've seen them before!!!
                    Liz
                    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

Comment

I have worldwide too ??? but its playing up badly again , wonder why ?? they aren't adding new stuff are they ?
                      It even says on the home page they are really busy ?

Comment

Not sure Val
                        I know there's something about new records on the top left of home page but I assumed they were already on!! Maybe we're going to get some more new stuff!!??

Liz

Comment

well I seem to be spending a lot of time submitting amendments to their records, which of course is free ! maybe we should charge them ?

Comment

I've been doing that too as I get fed up seeing my ancestors' names etc recorded wrongly.One was my grandad's family of Baileys and that was entered as Railey,Joseph as Josh,Caleb as Ealeb etc etc. No wonder it takes me so long to find any of them.When I search I try really daft spellings in desperation to find what they've been transcribed as !! Off to bed now

Goodnight
                            Liz

Comment

Your link opened today Val, so havent a clue what's going on!!!.... Have you manged to open it Val?
                              Olga

Comment

thanks very much Olga its working now

Comment

It shouldn't make any difference but perhaps they weren't properly prepared for the extra "traffic" due to the new series of Who Do Think You Are which started on Friday in the US. They have lots of ads on TV at the moment promoting the website.
                                  Jenny

Comment

Working...
                                  X