Edwin Platts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwin Platts

In 1891 Edwin William Sheppard Platts, b Dec Q 1857 in Loughborough is in Queniborough in Leicestershire with his family, Wife Lois, children Elsie, Donald and Winifred, and his widowed Mum. He is an accountant.http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/?...=&pid=23876740 (transcribed as Platte)

In 1901, he is listed as Wm Platt and is now in Denton in Lancashire and is a traveller in Jelly ;D, still with wife and kids. http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/D...=&pid=23928837

After this most of the family disappear. I have found Winifred's marriage to Herbert Mobbs in 1908, but nothing for the rest of them - no deaths, marriages, or anything on the 1911. There may be a death for Lois in Sep 1928, but this is in Manchester.

Can anyone find any sightings of them please? Thanks in advance

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Have you checked to see if they emigrated? That's certainly where I tracked down some of my names which appeared to have evaporated.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

The death for Lois could be right as Denton is a part of Manchester
      Margaret

Comment

I couldn't see anything on Ancestry that might suggest they emigrated - any suggestions on another place to check?
        Just checked the Ellis island site and nothing that stands out there.

Linda
        Last edited by ozgirl; 06-03-10, 15:42.
        Linda

Comment

Sorry Margaret, I didn't mean to ignore you, I got myself distracted there. Thank you for that info, my knowledge of the Manchester area is woeful. So the possibility is that they may have stayed in the manchester area, unfortunately, I don't know if it is possible to search the 1911 by area. I did check the address they were in in 1901 but a different family is there in 1911.

Thank you too Christine, I will keep on trying to see if maybe the other two children emigrated, it seems strange that they all disappeared!

Linda
          Linda

Comment

Working...
          X