Twin Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Question

Could someone tell me please if twins were born in the 1940's with one being still born, I assume both babies would be registered but would time of birth be put on the surviving twins registration?
    Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

The still birth would be registered separately and not on the normal bmd registers available to the public. I have no idead about whether the time would also be on the other twin's certificate - I can see reasons for and against. Could you call the GRO and ask what might be recorded in that kind of situation?

Kate x

Comment

Could you call the GRO and ask what might be recorded in that kind of situation?

I may do that Kate, I would like to prove/disprove a family story that has come up recently. I know still births are registered separately and know times are added to twin births but not come across this situation before.
      Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

The reason for the time of birth was to prove the order of precedence.
        I.E. In many situations the eldest child had more rights (inheritence etc.) than younger siblings.
        If one twin was still-born they had no rights therfore no time of birth was required for the surviving twin.
        Cheers
        Guy
        Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Working...
        X