Not really sure where to put this query GENI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not really sure where to put this query GENI

As its very quiet on the Tree thread, I am asking on here ,some time ago I joined GENI and only just got around to bothering with it , I seem to only have me and my Husband in my Tree on there but cannot work out how to import a Gedcom into it ??? can it be done ? thanks

dont know what you mean by 'tree thread' Val but on Geni's mainpage

Create your family tree and invite relatives to share. Search 255 million profiles and discover new ancestors. Share photos, videos and more at Geni.com.

at the bottom there are greyed out tabs, and GEDCOM is one of them, if you click on it then you get the way in, (I havent used this before and hadnt even heard of it till now)!
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

shall have another look thanks Julie a couple of Toms family have their trees on there and asked me to join so suppose I had better put myself out .

Comment

Hi Julie that seems to be only for exporting a Gedcom not importing ????

Comment

Val

It is for importing...

It says "GEDCOM is a standard file type used to store and transport existing family trees. TO upload a GEDCOM please first supply the following information." Then you have to fill in a couple of boxes.

Well at least that is the page I got when I clicked on the Gedcom tab.

Chris
          Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Working...
          X