X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnavon Road, Clacton

A few of my ancestors live in Carnavon Road

Runnymeade and Olderfleet, does anyone know how I would go about
    finding if these houses still existed or have indeed been replace by a number ?

I have googled, found nothing ;( Just wondered if there was anyone from this area
    who might know

Clare

I tried the royal mail postcode finder but all it came up with in Clacton was Cornflower Road. I put in the name Runnymeade but that didn't produce any results. I wonder if the road itself no longer exists?

Comment

They sound like large houses and I found carnarvon road in the post codes. Might be worth looking at the find my past site under address search, you could then work out which houses they were perhaps. The road definately still exists and looks as if it is a very long road, possibly near the station.

Hope this helps

ayse

Comment

I had a look on google maps, it is quite a long road with large house and business on it, there appears to be a nursing home, so if Runnymeade and Olderfleet were house names they might now be one of the many businesses highlighted. If you look at the road in satellite view it gives you a good view. I haven't checked, but try google street view you might see some house names
        Regards
        L
        Last edited by It_Is_I_Leclerc; 05-03-10, 15:49. Reason: speeling lol

Comment

Thank you all for your advice.
          It wouldn't surprise me if one of house was the Nursing home. One of the relatives of this family had a
          house in Liverpool, which is now a nursing home

I'm popping up to Clacton on Wednesday. I wonder if the records office might have some info ?

Clare

Comment

I can't advise about the house names, but the name of the road is actually Caernarvon Road (with an unnecessary extra E!) and it definitely still exists.
            Last edited by Somerset Sal; 06-03-10, 12:36. Reason: I can't spell caernarvon either!
            Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Originally posted by Somerset Sal View Post
              I can't advise about the house names, but the name of the road is actually Caernarvon Road (with an unnecessary extra E!) and it definitely still exists.
              You'll get lynched by the Welsh! The town of that name now has an f instead of a v.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

lol Uncle John

Thanks Somerset Sal, on google maps is shows it as Carnarvon road

Clare

Comment

Originally posted by littlemoo View Post
                  lol Uncle John

Thanks Somerset Sal, on google maps is shows it as Carnarvon road

Clare
                  Somehow that doesn't surprise me. But Royal Mail's postcode finder recognises it as Caernarvon Road and it was spelled that way when I used to be a pupil at Clacton County High School.
                  Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Depending on the date they lived there, the Essex Record Office has numerous deeds and plans for building plots in Carnarvon Road.
                    Go to >

Search> Carnarvon Clacton
                    And> Caernarvon Clacton

edited.
                    Last edited by keldon; 07-03-10, 12:33.
                    Phil
                    historyhouse.co.uk
                    Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Working...
                    X