Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1901 Look-up please

Hi,

I am trying to find a family on the 1901 census but I am not having much luck.

The family I am searching for is:

Charles A Lockton born 1884 Nottingham and his wife Clara Lockton born 1881 Gunby Lincolnshire.

On the 1891 census Charles is living in Great Grimsby Lincolnshire and is listed as Tom and Frances Lockton's son.

On the 1901 census Tom and Frances are living alone in Kingston upon Hull.

I have found Charles on the 1911 with his wife and son living in Hull.

On the 1911 census Tom Lockton is living with Charles but is listed as his brother. There is also a Grace Lockton born 1896 Hull listed as Charles niece. I can't find Grace on the 1901 census and I can't find a birth regsitration for her.

On the 1911 census Clara has her birth place listed as Gumby Yorkshire, but I think it may actually be Gunby Lincolnshire.

Any help or advice would be truly appreciated.

Kelly.
    Last edited by Kelly; 05-03-10, 13:42.

Hi Kelly, just to say that I have slightly amended the title of your thread, as the T&Cs of FMP state that look-ups are not allowed on their site. However there are of course other websites where members can obtain that information for you... hence the amendment

Comment

Hi Velma,

Thank you for ammending the title, I realised after I posted and tried to change it myself.

Kelly.

Comment

I think there is a time limit of something like 5 mins to amend the title, after that a mod has to do it - just give us a shout next time

Comment

Hi Velma,

I will remember that for next time, Thank you.

Comment

Kelly what were the occupations ?

Comment

just noticed he works for a shipping co ??? could he have been at sea ???

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                just noticed he works for a shipping co ??? could he have been at sea ???
                Hi Val,

I suppose he could have been at sea, which would explain why he isn't on the 1901 census.

Kelly.

Comment

Hi Val,

Just checked my records again and Charles Arthur Lockton's occupation was a Coal Trimmer.

Kelly.

Comment

yes I found it after I asked you

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
                      Just checked my records again and Charles Arthur Lockton's occupation was a Coal Trimmer.
                      And for the benefit of anyone who is interested (!), he spent his life in the ship's engine-room bashing big lumps of coal into smaller lumps that the stokers then shovelled into the boilers.
                      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                      X