Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my Ezra Woodcock Death Cert now a query ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Ezra Woodcock Death Cert now a query ?

Thanks to Elaine got my Ezra Woodcock registered under Ensley Woodcock, seems he was found dead from exhaustion of Typhoid Fever ? am surprised ,and there was an inquest. Where would I apply for an inquest held in Bethnal Green ??? thanks

your best bet would be the local newspaper, what time frame are we looking at Val?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

hi Julie its December 1881

Comment

do you have access to the times online? through your library card? there might be something there,
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I dont think so ??? I did have but they changed the system dont worry Julie I will sort something out thanks

Comment

Nothing in The Times under either name - I expect it was reported locally though. I would suggest the local library for the local paper archive or the LMA for the inquest...

Comment

thanks for trying I have pmd the LMA to see what they may have

Comment

The coroner only has to keep the details of inquests for 15 years, if they have been kept for longer than that they are closed for 75 years, your best bet is the newspapers
                Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
                http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

thanks Mike not really sure which papers covered that area at that time??

Comment

You could start with the local library Val, or perhaps the LMA

Comment

thanks I have emailed a few people now just hope they find something

Comment

Val,
                        I've never had any luck getting Bethnal Green inquests through the LMA - very few have survived.

Local papers on microfilm are kept at the Bancroft Library (just along from Stepney Green tube if you're in a position to go there) - there are several papers that covered that area and reported inquests.

You could try emailing them. They were very helpful when I went.

Comment

Thanks Lindsay have emailed them yesterday, I used to live in Aldgate ,now I am doing the Tree live miles away from anything useful.

Comment

Working...
                          X