Parish Registers for Cudham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parish Registers for Cudham

Can anyone tell me where I can buy CD of Cudham Parish Registers.
    I got one for Tatsfield of Parish Chest. I now need one for Cudham.
    I did see it somewhere but I cant remember where.
    Parish Chest dont seem to have it, just a census and a Kelly Directory.

Thanks to all

Glenda

If available, these would usually be published by the relevant Family History Society and available directly through them and/or through GENfair or Parish Chest. I can't see any parish register transcripts listed for Cudham though, but you could keep an eye on these sites for updates:

Alternatively, you could order the films to view at your local LDS family history centre:

Last edited by Cloggie; 05-03-10, 10:34.
    Sarah

Comment

Thanks I have looked IGI on family search. Info seems to be confusing. Several people of the name I want.
      i.e. Bartholomew Jackson appear to be married to Ann Crane, or Ann Jackson, dates all around same time.
      Not sure which one to adopt as ours. Thought if could look at parish records might get a better idea.
      I guess I'll just have to put on another thinking cap.

Comment

Did you check out the 4th link in my post? The LDS has filmed the Cudham parish registers, and you can order them to view at your local Family History Centre (see 5th link in my post). Unfortunately the one in Belfast appears to be temporarily closed (it doesn't say for how long, but it does give a phone number), so it looks like your next closest one would be in Coleraine or Derry.
        Sarah

Comment

It seems the SOG also has a copy of the register. See: http://boards.ancestry.com/localitie...7523.1/mb.ashx
          Sarah

Comment

If you're only looking for a few entries, maybe the Bromley Local Studies Library can help: http://www.bromley.gov.uk/libraries/..._resources.htm
            Sarah

Comment

I have managed to print of names from Cudham from the IGI.
              searched for Jackson, then selected the ones from the Cudham Area. Printed them off.
              And am now sifting through them. If you had not said about the LDS having the registers, I would not
              have thought of it. Very slow but at least I have something I might be able to work from now.

Thanks to all again.

Glenda

Comment

Glenda

The IGI has a batch number for both baptisms and marriages for Cudham. They are:
                BaptismsC166152 -1719 -174 MarriagesM166152 -1719
                1801-1812
                If you search the IGI just using a batch number you will get just the records in that batch i.e Cudham. You can either put in the surname you are interested in or browse the whole collection. Remember, this is just an index and you might still want to see the film of the records to see if any have been missed off, or if there is more info in the record itself. You can use the Hugh Wallis site to find batch numbers - for places that have one - not all places have been extracted (transcribed) onto the IGI.
                Last edited by Elderflower; 07-03-10, 22:37. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Thanks Elderflower.

I will give these a try.

Glenda:

Comment

You didn't mention what dates you're looking for, but the date range covered on the IGI is very short as you can see in Pat's post. Also, as Pat says, the films may contain more details (such as abode and occupation), and, as shown in the LDS catalogue description, will certainly cover a wider range of dates.
                    Sarah

Comment

Working...
                    X