Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry to be asking for more help. Does anyone have access to Origins.net please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to be asking for more help. Does anyone have access to Origins.net please?

Cousin is looking for a Beazley/Baizley/Beasley Will in the York/Yorkshire area 18th century. Before he pays out for a researcher he is wondering if the name is common in the area please anyone?

A 72 hour sub is £6.50 Heather, maybe an idea to pay this 1st before he considers paying a researcher.
    Jay

Comment

Thanks Jay. I dont really know what Im talking about - he just sent me a mail saying that the archives at York had failed to find his GGFx4's bap and he was wondering whether he is off the mark re area and did I know anyone who could check the name is relatively frequent in that area. I cant remember when I last used origins.

Comment

Ah I might of misunderstood your post! Is he looking for a will or someone with the surname Will?
        Jay

Comment

Hi - does this help? http://www.4crests.com/beazley-coat-of-arms.html and

Seems to point to Beesley in Lancs.

Comment

Beasley is quite common in Yorkshire Heather if that's any help ??

Comment

I have access to Origins at the moment if you need me to look something up quickly.
              James
              Am I related to Scott of the Antarctic? The hunt is on.
              http://www.symidream.com/scott/home.html
              My pages for families from Collin and Whittaker of Harlow to Cozens of Dorset to Soper of Cornwall and beyond…

Comment

Re Yorkshire research - there are several locations for archives. If it's a bp he's after, he may need to try more than one record office.
                If it's a pre 1857 will, first port of call is usually the Borthwick Institute.

Jay
                Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Hi, thanks everyone and thanks James. If you could (without spending any credits!) find out any Beazley/Baizley/Beasleys in the area of York and Yorkshire I will pass them on to him. The crux is this chap Edward Beazley is on a baptism for an ancestor in London and he gives his name and occupation as Woolstapler and then in brackets (York). So as cousin has drawn a blank in London finding this man he has asked York archives to do a search around 1720/40 for an Edward Beazley (and variants) but they have replied that they couldnt find him in York and to look further afield.

Comment

HI

Just curious what is the name of the infant for whose baptisim record your contact has?
                    WendyP

Comment

Hi, the child is Thomas Baizley in Bermondsey 1760

Comment

HI

thanks for that, I've had a look for more for you as well. Sadly the only thing I could find though was the burial of Thomas Baizley in 1813 age 53 birth year approx 1760 buried at Independent Chapel Southwark address at time of death St Mary Bermondsey.
                        WendyP

Comment

I will take a look after work, later today and see if I can find anything
                          My pages for families from Collin and Whittaker of Harlow to Cozens of Dorset to Soper of Cornwall and beyond…

Comment

Sent you a PM with what I found at Origins....
                            J

Comment

Bless you guys. Wendy, yes he and the wife and one daughter were buried at the chapel. Wife and daughter on the same day - very sad isnt it.

Comment

Thank you very much for the list of wills available James. To be honest Im not quite following cousin's track of thought here but having said that he has come up with amazing and enlightening stuff over the last few years so I am running with him (well, behind him).

Comment

Working...
                                X