Tatsfield or Cudham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tatsfield or Cudham

I am looking for a William Jackson born around 1788.
    On the 1851 census birthplace given as Tatsfield.
    I have tried looking on the IGI and am given a William as being born in Farnham.
    There are other Jacksons born in Cudham. I am not convinced these are the right ones.

Is Cudham and Tatsfield the same registration district in 1788. Or do the IGI hold all the records
    for this area. I have sent for a cd from Parish Chest, but it has not arrived yet and I am impatient.

Thanks

Glenda

Tatsfield and Cudham are fairly close.
    From Parloc....It is 2.2 Miles (3.6Kms); East by North East( 56 Degrees); FROM:- Tatsfield, P, SRY,ENG. TO:- Cudham, P, KEN, ENG

Chris
    Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Hi Glenda

I live in Biggin Hill in Kent and Tatsfield is a stones throw away, albeit officially in Surrey it runs just along the border of Kent and Surrey. Cudham is also close by and in the early censuses, Biggin Hill was referred to as Downe or Cudham. Although they are seperate places they are close enough be be a possibility for your baptisms.

You may find something of interset here

If you Google Tatsfield or Cudham, you will find lots of info on the web with a possibility of some online PRs, although I did not find them straight away when I just did a quick search.

Hope this helps, not hinders your search!

Comment

Working...
      X